Advantage Dental is dentist owned and operated and includes over 50 dental clinics throughout the state of Oregon. Advantage is one of the largest Dental Care Organizations in Oregon and is growing!
We are currently looking for a full-time Orthodontic Dental Assistant to join our specialty clinics in Eugene.
Orthodontic Dental Assistant supports orthodontic dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act. The dental assistant may also take digital impressions of teeth, and provide patients with postoperative instructions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
Job Qualifications:Required Education and Experience:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for Orthodontist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Helps Orthodontist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification.
- Cleans and polishes removable appliances.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies.
- Takes impressions and bite registrations, pours impressions and makes vacuum formed retainers as assigned.
- Provides basic orthodontic assistant care including tooth prep, tying, untying, bonding and de-bonding brackets, bending and bonding fixed wires, and bonding fixed appliances.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, explaining recommended treatment service and providing postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders for supplies, and verifying receipt as assigned.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
1. High school diploma.
2. Completion of a state board dental assistant training program or the equivalent.
3. Oregon X-ray certification.
4. Expanded Functions Orthodontic Dental Assistant (EFODA) Certified.
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. One year of related experience.
2. EFDA certification.
3. Dental/Orthodontic software experience with Dolphin or similar.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Advantage offers an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, a Flexible Spending Account plan, Short and Long term Disability, Life and Voluntary Life insurance, Paid Time Off and 401(k).
Advantage Dental Support Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities. Individuals who may have inquiries regarding Advantage Dental Support Group’s policies and procedures regarding EEO and Affirmative Action should contact the Human Resources Department at 866-928-9231.
Please note the job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Advantage Dental Support Group reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.