Purpose of the Position:
Primarily responsible for leading and supporting of all marketing communications plans and initiatives for a set line of business of the bank. Recommends, plans and executes strategic Marketing Communications (MarCom) and media plans and activities in alignment with the Bank’s brand strategy, and strategic messaging in support of Bank and lines of business goals and objectives. Responsible for advertising and marketing communications, special events and other projects for customers and employees in support of the branding, marketing and communications objectives.
- Collaborates with and MarCom Director and Strategic Marketing Manager; recommends and assists in setting strategic marketing direction and initiatives to develop and implement Strategic Marketing Plan.
- Develops, implements and evaluates institutional and project-based integrated marketing communications, including advertising, promotional campaigns, grass roots, digital, and social media marketing while taking into account targeted audience segments and geographic markets.
- Serves as a liaison to outside agencies, internal creative services and other vendors while providing strong project management skills.
- Recommends, schedules and initiates strategically targeted advertising and marketing campaigns to customers and prospects in collaboration with lines of business (Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Private Banking, Wealth Management, Mortgage and more) and ERM as assigned.
- Maintains a calendar of strategic initiatives for the respective line of business, communicating initiatives regularly with the line of business to ensure frontline readiness.
- Provides thoughtful analysis of campaign efficacy, optimizing frequently to ensure profitability of marketing initiatives in collaboration with Product teams.
- Manages and maintains understanding of department budget for assigned line of business(es) and operates within set parameters.
- Manages guides, develops, and works closely with the MarCom staff concerning various marketing, promotions and advertising communications projects.
- Coordinates the planning, production and delivery of new advertising campaigns, including digital, social, email, TV, radio, newspaper, billboard and other media promotions to meet strategic marketing goals in all Bank markets. Recommends promotional offerings and advantages for Broadway Bank. Assists in refining and aligning media purchase plans.
- Strategizes, recommends, and coordinates the creation (in collaboration with internal Creative Services) and production of all internal and external marketing mailings to the bank's targeted segments, coordinating with the lines of business and appropriate compliance channels.
- Oversees and directs outside vendors / suppliers in the final production and the execution of campaigns, as well as layout design for displays, direct mail and other delivery vehicles. Maintains working knowledge of print production industry and techniques.
- Reviews and coordinates advertising participation with various communities, civic and charitable organizations.
- Coordinates the creation and production of merchandising and sales support materials for use in all banking centers.
- Monitors competition advertising and promotion offerings.
- Responsible for working with the bank’s compliance officers to ensure promotional and public materials are compliant.
- Responsible for overseeing product, service and disclosure brochures for assigned line of business(es). Maintains communication to applicable employees regarding the addition of all new materials, as well as pertinent revision/disclosure changes.
- Shares responsibility at direction of Strategic Marketing Manager for special projects including banking center openings, banking center promotions and new product introduction programs.
- Works with internal partners on the design and direction of the Bank Internet and Intranet. Responsible for recommendations, new activities, updates and postings related to assigned LOB.
- Writes and coordinates digital marketing and external communications materials with effective branding; develops new information and categories for placement as needed. Works with Bank Webmaster on all preceding activities as necessary.
- Seeks, evaluates and implements appropriate website/digital marketing and advertising tactics to establish an optional message delivery channel.
- Collaborates in the development and rollout of Social Media strategies, framework, and tactical implementation, by engaging the Social and Digital Channels Specialist in line of business projects.
EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATIONS / EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Assists with public relations and community relations projects, as needed.
- Assists and directs special events with planning, coordinating, and acting as host for bank-related parties and seminars as needed.
- Represents the bank through ongoing, consistent civic, charitable or trade organization community involvement.
- Oversees and manages the delivery of marketing and promotional materials to/with vendors, banking center, departments, mail houses, etc.
- Serves on various committees and tasks force.
- Maintains timely contact with MarCom Director and Strategic Marketing Manager regarding status of all projects.
- Maintains timely contact with assigned LOB executives regarding status of projects and budgets as needed.
- Assumes additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 6+ years’ experience in MarCom / Advertising field that includes and project management.
- Proven experience in developing and executing strategic marketing plans in relevant capacity
- Experience applying analytic insights and ability to synthesize the takeaways in actionable recommendations to improve marketing campaigns and results
- Proficiency with the Internet and its marketing implications.
- Excellent writing, communication, copywriting and organizational skills essential. Ability to meet multiples deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to make decisions and recommendations.
- 8+ years marketing communications and advertising experience is preferred.
- Experience in banking and with various lines of business including project management experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of bank compliance issues highly desired
- Proven leadership and management experience.
- Working knowledge of printing/graphics techniques.
- B.S. / B.A degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Master’s degree in advertising, marketing communications, or related field is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- SharePoint, Adobe Professional, Publisher software, PowerPoint and Excel are highly desired
This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Broadway Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Broadway Bank is a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace, with a nicotine-free hiring policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Marketing Communications/Advertising: 6 years (Required)
- developing and executing strategic marketing plans: 5 years (Required)
- analytic insights: 3 years (Required)