D.D. Williamson is seeking an experienced and hardworking Quality Manager to join our team in Lousville, KY. This position is responsible for managing and directing all aspects of the Quality Assurance Department at the plant level. This requires investigation and response to quality related customer complaints; ensuring all DDW Food Safety and Quality Assurance policies and procedures are followed; ensuring finished product conforms to customer and product specifications; monitoring, verification and documentation associated with adherence to regulations. Handles any customer technical questions as required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the plant food safety systems to create an environment where food safety threats are recognized and eliminated/mitigated.
- Manage compliance with all regulatory and company defined food safety and sanitation standards; examples of these systems include: internal/third Party audits, vendor audits / certification, inbound and outbound inspection, ingredient, intermediate and finished product inspection, microbiological testing, product traceability, HACCP, organic foods, EU, kosher requirements, sanitation, pest control, and lead GMP compliance team and training.
Quality / Manufacturing:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of production equipment (processing and packaging equipment) and it's related impact on overall quality.
- Assists with all aspects of new product development, production trials, test sampling and production test runs of new materials and finished products as needed.
- Manages QC Lab, QC Systems and related documentation.
- Oversees the preparation of various reports monitoring product quality results and customer feedback.
- Lead continuous improvement projects and share best practices between plants.
- Recommends improvements as appropriate.
- Acts as back up to Plant Manager and as integral part of plant leadership team must process complete understanding of logistics, scheduling and operations
- Must demonstrate a “roll up sleeves” attitude and have visible presence on manufacturing floor.
- Provides direct on-site assistance to customers regarding product selection, product use, complaint resolution, troubleshooting, etc.
- Ability to conduct customer site visits with or without sales associates.
- Protects the Customer.
- Maintains high scores on external audit including BRC and others as required by customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline. Prefer Food Science, or Chemistry
- 5+ years-experience in food manufacturing management with demonstrated success in Quality Assurance roles.
- Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to think critically.
- Self-directed with the ability to manage associates, work independently and contribute to plant management team.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Certification in Lean/Six-Sigma desired
Indeed Hire and D.D. Williamson are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Manufacturing Management: 5 years (Required)
- Lean Six Sigma (Preferred)
- Louisville, KY: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)