- BA/BS degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in health care or clinical research setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience to total 6 years.
- Demonstrated experience working independently using initiative and good judgment as well as with teams.
- Experience developing training materials, planning and delivering training.
- Experience using web-based, secure-server databases and comfortable handling problems with electronic data entry.
- Knowledge of clinical trial management operations including management of clinical trials and study participants.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work with shifting priorities, schedules, and changes in management objectives.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and analytical skills and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft operations, including moderate to advanced skills in Excel or similar application
- Experience coordinating clinical trials including managing studies or study participants
- Experience working in a clinical trial billing compliance or clinical trial management system
- Experience in an academic healthcare environment or clinical research setting.
- Experience with system implementations or designing new or more efficient processes.
- Knowledge of Federal and Institutional confidentiality policies applicable to electronic databases containing protected health information and data collected specifically for research.
- Demonstrated ability in providing clinical trial operations support guidance.
About the Job
Application Training – 40%
- Lead the training program for OnCore. Work with the CTSI workforce training and development (WTD) infrastructure to develop and maintain CTMS training materials in alignment with other core and critical workforce training materials and efforts. Schedule and conduct routine training for end-users and work with the with the enterprise OnCore administrative team to deliver a complete training program for the OnCore application.
- Develop and design new training materials for new functionality or to meet evolving needs.
- Build and maintain online training modules in collaboration with CTSI WTD. Track completion of training and ensure user access is obtained only after appropriate training is conducted.
- Lead workshops and advanced training sessions to help individuals and groups enter initial data into OnCore. Attend staff meetings within various medical specialties to provide refresher training and to answer questions.
- Ensure training materials are available and training sessions conducted, when needed, for adoption of new features or functionality of the OnCore tool, including new versions of OnCore.
- Serve as a University of Minnesota OnCore representative in the OnCore nationwide working committees to ensure best practice training methods are understood and adopted.
Customer Experience Analysis – 30%
- Analyze customer needs, design, and implement solutions that may require technical, process, and material documentation changes or novel solutions. Coordinate with multiple stakeholders to ensure success. Track enhancement requests and submit them to product vendor.
- Lead process change projects and new implementation efforts around new and existing functionality.
- Deliver quality, personalized engagements that enhance customer relationships, loyalty and satisfaction with every interaction.
- Lead regular Communication and Collaboration group meetings, engaging OnCore user representatives in 2-way communications.
- Develop and distribute routine communications materials, such as electronic Newsletters, to OnCore users.
- Measure user satisfaction and work to improve user satisfaction.
- Proactively reach out to user groups and individuals both as they begin using OnCore and routinely to ensure application training is reinforced and that the OnCore tool is being used correctly.
OnCore Application Support – 20%
- Serve as an escalation point for the most challenging support issues. Formally track issues. Contact product vendor when needed to resolve issues.
- Provide backup for tier 1 support and maintenance as-needed.
- Provide backup for the electronic data capture form development and maintenance service as-needed.
Other Duties as Assigned – 10%
- Other duties will include but will not be limited to: Provide expertise, input, and support for new and ongoing OnCore projects, lead OnCore demonstrations and Q & A sessions for groups within the research community, and attend team meetings.
The University of Minnesota has implented a single enterprise Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS). The solution supports a broad range of clinical trial research, including the University's Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) funded clinical trials unit, cardiology, oncology, public health, pediatric medicine, epidemiology, and other University health-research programs.
About the Department
The University of Minnesota’s Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) is supported through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) program; and is part of a consortium of nearly 60 such medical research institutions working together to improve the way clinical and translational research is conducted nationwide, enhancing its efficiency and quality. The consortium aims to accelerate the process of translating laboratory discoveries into treatments for patients, to engage communities in clinical research efforts, and to train a new generation of clinical and translational researchers.
For more information, visit http://www.ctsi.umn.edu .
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Activities" page and uploading documents there.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.