- Account Reconciliation
- ERP Systems
Our vision is to be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and communities.
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another.
We hire people that demonstrate integrity under pressure. Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. It is in each door we make, in our commitment delivery and in our honest and sincere communication.
Our employees are flexible, versatile and resilient. Our ability to weather any storm, to bend without breaking, is what allows us to hear the knock and open the door with confidence, no matter what's on the other side.
At Masonite, we hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We want everyone to freely contribute ideas and add value, so we are positive and encouraging. This collaborative environment is what makes Masonite a transparent, fair company- one that doesn't hide behind closed doors.
We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers' experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls.
- Prepare, verify and control the entering of journal entries into the general ledger. Perform all tasks associated with the general ledger, i.e., enter/review/post monthly journal entries and execute monthly/year-end closing processes to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Own the month end close checklist to ensure accurate completion per the month-end close schedule and report to management periodically on roadblocks being encountered during the close window.
- Evaluate subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enter corrected data into the general ledger.
- Analyze, reconcile and review general ledger accounts according to prescribed form and content.
- Develop and maintain a proper system of internal controls to ensure timely and accurate financials. Make recommendations to senior management for improvements in internal controls. Enforce the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) process, procedures and approvals required at the plant locations.
- Review and document current accounting practices and procedures. Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity.
- Review, redesign and/or identify additions or deletions to accounts in the general ledger to ensure that the information reported properly reflects the company’s financial position.
- Prepare/review monthly account reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Prepare required governmental reports and respond to inquiries i.e., sales-use taxes, and surveys.
- Assure fixed asset physical control and accounting for the plant locations.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all accounting related software applications.
- Perform monthly variance analysis to prior periods and budget and send comments to management and divisional finance.
- Support plant operations in monthly accruals, inventory, costing, and capital expenditures.
- Lead ad-hoc projects to improve the accuracy of the financial statements and create a more efficient and collaborative environment. Projects can include implementing reconciliation software, assisting with new ERP conversions, due diligence on acquisitions, and creating processes and policies for other teams to follow.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, post-bachelor education is preferred.
- Current CPA license is required
- Either 4+ years of public accounting experience, or 7+ years of general accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, including full-cycle accounting.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and initiative. Strong analytical skills are important to be able to analyze information and provide recommendations to GBS Accounting Manager and other members of senior management.