Position Summary: Responsible for determining the parts needs of customers calling or coming into the store. Consults computerized catalogs and price lists to quote price and availability, freight and pre-pay to customer.
1. Listens and communicates with customer by phone or in person to determine the nature of the problem and the resolution. Applies customer relations skills.
2. Consults computerized price books, manufacturer’s catalogs, and stock records to determine the price and availability of the requested part(s). Calls vendors for freight charges as needed.
3. Transacts requisitions, purchase orders, receipts, and transfers following established procedures. Audits and reconciles inventory daily.
4. Receives material from vendors or other locations. Completes paperwork for accounting of material. Reconciles receiving discrepancies after manager review.
1. Accepts payment and reconciles cash drawer for all departments daily.
2. Coordinates and communicates with other store personnel as needed.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: HS or equivalent. Tech or College preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years Customer service, with parts distribution experience.
Specific Skills: Computer software skills. DIS System or equivalent preferred, listening and telephone skills.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Mechanical knowledge, parts distribution software, Inventory management.
Working Conditions: Normal store conditions including parts storage. External activities may include receiving of parts, computer and telephone operations, counter work.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative