Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The Region Manager (RM) is responsible for managing the sales activities of a particular region to ensure maximum market penetration. The Region Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Territory Managers (TM) who will be dedicated to meeting or exceeding sales objectives and enhancing the stature of SkinMedica, Inc. The RM identifies business opportunities where Allergan can have a competitive advantage with key large practices, physicians, aestheticians, skin care clinicians and other decision makers. The RM is responsible for the recruiting, training, developing and leadership of his\her team. RM is responsible for staffing region with high quality individuals through an aggressive program of recruiting, selection, training and development. RM reviews, analyzes revises, communicates and implements company sales policies and procedures through the leadership/execution of the sales team in a direct sales in a growing aesthetic skincare market. Use of free trade goods (staff training product) and product samples as well as the custom print and T&E budgets is also critical. RM is also responsible for interfacing with key VIP customers/accounts.
Consistently achieves Regional sales and expense goals across the SKM product portfolio. Directly leads and manages Territory Managers (TM) in the sales execution component of U.S. marketing plans. Creates regional execution plans across the SKM product portfolio. Identifies high volume practices, networks and large practices where Services would provide Allergan with a distinct competitive advantage. Actively participates in the selling process at the field level. Demonstrates adaptability with multiple initiatives.
Provides leadership and direction for all team members within an assigned region. Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and development, and performance management for the assigned region. Oversees development and succession planning to maximize results and ensure team development continuity. Directs TMs toward innovative selling strategies and approaches, such as consultative selling, competitive product differentiation selling, and value add selling. Exhibits leadership style consistent with operating in a constantly changing environment.
Understands and Executes Strategy:
Demonstrates the ability to execute marketing plans across product portfolio. Understands and communicates the sales execution role within the marketing plan. Ability to understand the marketing team's role and provide appropriate feedback to plan implementation. Ability to articulate strategy among the management team and direct reports. Ability to understand how individual tactics support the overall strategic direction. Ability to understand multiple perspectives associated with key decisions. Understands and adheres to compliance and travel/expense policies.
Proactively develops and manages the Allergan Medical relationships with established and emerging practices within an assigned region. Builds managerial partnerships with targeted accounts, facilitates resource allocation such as Allergan VIP interaction, APC resources, PR initiatives, etc. Established as the key point of contact to manage customer relationship issues and/or opportunities.
Resource Utilization and Administration:
Efficiently manages region resources including travel, expense and promotion budgets. Uses planning and assessment tools to quantitatively manage the region. Ensures maximum ROI for use of corporate resources, APCs, customer education, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Three or more years successful management experience
- Five or more years successful sales experience
- Thorough knowledge of the healthcare industry with sales and marketing preferred
- Experience and knowledge of inner workings of a physicians practice
- Knowledge of a direct sales/cash environment or the aesthetic market desirable
- Valid driver’s license
- Team Player
- Strong analytical, consulting, and business planning/development skills
- Ability to develop key strategies and execute them
- Strong business acumen skills
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven skills to develop, lead and direct a team
- Proficiency in Windows 95/97, Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills
- Excellent presentation skills to engage and meet the needs of various audiences
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with many diverse customers
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Competent in organizational, priority setting and business planning skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Proven sales ability operating under a strong consultative approach
- Proficiency with sales force automation
- Competent product selling skills
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to travel
- Ability to drive a car with a valid driver’s license