MEP Project Manager will manage several projects concurrently within a mission-critical data center environment. Essential functions include management of MEP sub-contractors to ensure timely delivery within project budget and monitor/control all construction activities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities of sub-contractors including the management of project scope, resources, budget, buyout of equipment, and schedule.
- Direct construction phasing and strategy from conceptual design to commissioning.
- Ensure good value is obtained in the procurement process and that purchase orders are accurately written.
- Manage design team during to identify design problems and recommend improvements.
- Perform constructability and coordination reviews.
- Develop, implement, and maintain detailed schedules with aggressive milestones.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including architects, engineers, contractors, and clients.
- Facilitate staff development by serving as mentor and role model.
- Perform other Construction Management duties and assist Business Development functions as necessary.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Preferred 10 years of MEP construction-related experience in the data center, healthcare, or other mission critical environments.
- 4 year degree from accredited engineering/construction related curriculum or 15 years of MEP construction-related experience.
- Understanding of phasing and logistics of complex MEP construction projects including critical path management.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Project and Construction Management Software. Experience using AutoCAD/Revit, Navisworks and computerized maintenance managements systems (CMMS) preferred but not necessary.
- Superior oral and written communication, including proficiency in both technical and business writing, is required.
Job Type: Full-time