Cyberais the leading provider of networking and security services for distributedenterprises. Through its turn-key solutions, Cybera provides a simple andaffordable way for enterprises to securely connect multi-location businesseswhile meeting regulatory and compliance requirements, including PCI andHIPAA. Cybera’s solutions defend sensitive corporate data againstsecurity breaches and protect consumers from identity theft by safeguardingpayment card information. Through its customized and scalable approach tointegrating network and security services, Cybera provides customers with asimple solution which includes a single point of contact, one straight forwardmonthly bill and cost-effective equipment choices.
Cybera utilizes a complex infrastructure of server, storage, andnetworking elements to support various customer applications and designs. TheSystem Operations team is responsible for implementing and maintaining these systemsthroughout the Cybera network. TheEngineering team as a whole has a depth and breadth of knowledge on everythingfrom service provider MPLS networking to embedded Linux development to Windowsserver administration. System Operationsis one part of the team that supports the organizational network and technologyneeds and new product development. TheSystem Operations Engineer role does not stop at maintaining systems, but alsoincludes physical equipment implementation and maintenance, data centerautomation and configuration management tools.
PRIMARY DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
· Implementingand maintaining all underlying systems and applications to support Cybera’s globaloperations
· Installingand configuring VMware clusters, Linux and Windows VM’s
· Building andMaintaining Public cloud instances in AWS, Azure, ext.
· Applicationand database configuration and management.
· operationand maintenance of monitoring and management systems and reacting to any alarmsas needed.
· Identifyingpotential optimization to processes and developing solutions to increaseproductivity, performance, and stability for the organization as a whole.
· Interfacingwith all departments within Cybera, and directly with customers if needed.
· Participatingin an 24x7 on call rotation.
· Leadingmajor projects, creating new system technology designs, and acting as a subjectmatter expert for Cybera’s systems infrastructure.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Cybera is looking for a candidate who is an expert in virtualizedinfrastructure and orchestration. The ideal candidate is experienced with high-levelscripting, configuration management automation, relational database management,and message queuing protocols.
- 2+ yearsexperience administering Linux server systems
- 1+ yearexperience in cloud or virtualization environments
- Highlyanalytical and proven design skills
- Good understandingof scripting and automation
- Workingknowledge of configuration management and monitoring tools such as puppet,ansible and salt
- Good workingknowledge of scripting using languages such as Bash, Python, Perl ext.
- Good workingknowledge of LAN and WAN technologies, including switching, routing, load balancersand firewalls.
- Self-starterand motivated to learn and grow
- Experiencewith container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, RKT, ext. is a plus
- Experience withnetwork equipment such as Juniper, Cisco and Brocade a plus
Cybera is an Equal OpportunityEmployer
Job Type: Full-time