The purpose of this position is to work the Verification of Adjustment Detail Report and to process and follow up on outgoing and incoming physician orders and plans of care to obtain required signatures and verify insurance coverages.
This listing is not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Works the Verification of Adjustment and Detail Report on a daily basis. Ensures for proper follow-up by contacting appropriate parties. Notifies supervisor of concerns in a timely manner.
- Assists with telehealth re-hospitalization audits. Generates reports and supports auditing to ensure compliance.
- Ensures for timely completion of Hospice Item Set (HIS). Assists supervisor on submission of OASIS data.•Processes incoming and outgoing physician orders for signature. Updates clinical system for each order sent or received.
- Performs follow-up with physicians on unsigned orders or plans of care to meet state and/or federal regulations.
- Maintains spreadsheets documenting follow-up activities including mailings, electronic routing and fax information.
- Prints verbal orders and/or plans of care from clinical system and sends to health care provider for signature. Monitors any outstanding verbal orders or plans of care. Runs report of outstanding orders and identifies documents that have not been signed. Conducts necessary follow up.
- Reviews returned orders and/or plans of care for appropriate signature. Faxes document back to health care provider if unacceptable (e.g. unsigned, illegible, inappropriate signature, etc.) Conducts necessary follow up.
- Checks in and distributes signed orders and/or plans of care. Sorts documents by date and location. Checks documents in by scanning into clinical system document manager. Sends hard copies to office location to be included in patient’s file.
- Performs data entry duties. Enters new health care providers and facilities servicing patients into the billing system.
- Verifies insurance coverage. Contacts insurance providers to collect data on coverage and benefits. Completes insurance forms and processes as appropriate.
- Receives and sends faxes. Performs general office support tasks including filing, shredding, copying and compiling data.
- Works with XtraCare Program Assistants and Branch Assistants to assure telehealth monitors are assigned and transmitting properly.
- Contacts patients going on service with the Telehealth Program as appropriate.
- Supports the tracking and monitoring of costs associated with the Telehealth Program.
- Oversees return of telehealth equipment. Ensures for timely installation, proper functioning and tracking of telehealth monitors. Assists with the replacement of equipment as needed.
- Performs various clerical and office support duties as assigned.
High school diploma with one to two years prior office support experience in a health care environment or any other combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills or abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of general office principles and practices.
Knowledge of HIPAA rules regarding privacy and confidentiality of patient information.
Knowledge of federal and state regulations as related to the provision of home health services.
This position rates as MEDIUM WORK as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles