The Copywriter is responsible for concepting, writing, proofing, and editing advertising copy (print, broadcast and digital media) to promote the sale of merchandise and services or reflect objectives for special projects. Writes branded, innovative and accurate customer facing copy while adhering to brand standards across print and digital. Ensuring effective copy is in place to achieve business goals. A wide degree of creativity is expected.
Education / Experience Requirements:Position Contribution Level :
- Manages multiple projects encompassing concepting, writing, proofreading and providing edits during each stage of the project lifecycle.
- Develops innovative copy for projects working in the required media to drive sales
- Works with cross functional partners (internal and external) to develop best possible story and product presentation; considers feedback and brainstorming then adjusts copy to meet the needs of the customer.
- Conducts research and gathers product service information (pricing, event information, product specifications, etc.) needed to complete assigned projects.
- Partners with Manager of Copy or Digital Manager of Copy to establish copy tone and concepts, and ensure adherence to strategic focus and brand guidelines.
- Collaborates with Art and other cross functional partners to identify objectives and to translate them into professional editorial copy and copy points to project desired story.
- Participates in previews, reviews, presentations, and other project-related meetings to ensure adherence to strategic focus, brand guidelines and development if ideas.
- Verifies accuracy of all advertising materials ensuring 100% accuracy to include pricing, product/event information, headlines, grammar, spelling and punctuation while adhering to brand guidelines and legal requirements
- Manages complex projects while adhering to all project deadlines
- Continues to evolve the copy through the lifecycle of the project through multiple steps (Manager and Merchant review)-soft view through completion
- Reviews and analyzes external retail trends to identify important trends in retail fashion and home merchandise to make certain our campaigns are current or “trendy” and competitive within the market place.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years related experience or training
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
- Background in writing, journalism, advertising, marketing, freelance writer, communications, mass media is preferred
- Retail experience preferred
Reporting Relationships:Supervisor :
- Strong writing skills to include tone, structure, grammar, spelling, and factual accuracy.
- Ability to develop creative copy concepts
- Working knowledge of In Design
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Ability to work both independently or in a team environment
- Highly organized with attention to details and is able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects.
- Understanding of real climate, landscape, and terminology.
Belkcareers.com is committed to making the on-line application experience easy and accessible to individuals with disabilities. We are constantly making improvements to comply with the spirit of the "Americans with Disabilities Act," and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. If any of the information on the belkcareers.com website is not accessible to you due to a disability, please contact us via email at HRSharedServices@Belk.com. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information and the format you wish to have the information presented and we will be happy to send it to you, either via your email address or a separate mailing address you provide. If you prefer, you may contact one of our friendly Shared Services representatives at 1-800-588-3700 and we will be happy to assist you with the application process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We treat all our associates and candidates as equals. We require all associates and managers to do so too and comply with employment laws and regulations. All personnel actions are conducted in the spirit of equal employment. We are committed to recruit, train, promote and retain associates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification and expression, national origin, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.