Government accounting background strongly preferred.
Directs the organization's financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, shareholders, and the financial community by performing duties personally or through subordinate managers. The Controller is responsible for the successful overall direction, administration and coordination of all activities of the accounting department.
- Oversees and directs treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, real estate, long range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Directs procedures and computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Establishes and implements production standards and goals, as well as departmental policies and procedures, which will enable the Finance Department to function more effectively and efficiently.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all costs accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Reviews daily financial reports to certify accuracy.
- Coordinates and prepares detailed monthly financial reports.
- Directs and coordinates the establishment of budget programs.
- Knowledge of MIP accounting software preferred.
- Prepare 269 and 272 reports as necessary
- Perform cash flow analysis
- Advise council on treasury management issues such as investment opportunities
- Monitor and perform draw down of Federal Funds (HUD, IA, ANA, I.H.S., etc.)
- Capital budgeting for new projects or large asset purchases
- Coordinate annual financial statement audit
- Internal controls to ensure integrity of financial statement data
- Monthly coordination and input of 401K data for Administration, Commission and Construction Companies
- Research accounting issues
- Financial analysis and strategic planning
- Deliver financial reports to community
- Assist and oversee preparation of annual departmental budgets
- Implementation of procurement policy and procedures
- Correspond with IRS on tax matters (Payroll, tribal member, sales tax, etc.)
- Review payroll and workers
Job Type: Full-time
- Government Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules