As the hotel accounting clerk you will be responsible for all accounting functions at the hotel within a centralized accounting environment. This means:
- Accounts payable: working with department managers to ensure accurate coding of invoices
- Scanning invoices to the corporate office so that checks may be generated for payment
- Maintaining the property checkbook to ensure compliance with budgeted spending levels
- Accounts receivable: generating invoices and handling collections of all accounts (hotel has only one meeting room and does not generate large volume of AR.)
- Processing the daily deposit, processing change orders, processing petty cash
- Handling chargeback inquiries and submitting the necessary documentation
- Working closely with the corporate office accounting department / month end close
- Reconciling various payment and discount vouchers used with our 3rd party restaurant partner
- Ensuring compliance with company internal audit standards
- Assisting the general manager with forecasting, budgeting and special projects as needed
- College degree preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years of accounting experience required, preferably in hotel environment.
- Energetic team player with a can-do attitude!