The Assistant Corporate Controller will be a team player working closely with all levels of personnel. This position will be a subject matter expert responsible for SEC filings (including 10-K/10-Q) and support the Proxy and press release preparation. The Assistant Corporate Controller ensures the integrity of global financial data and reporting through development of accounting processes, policies and internal controls. The position performs technical accounting research and oversight for new accounting standards requirements. This position leads special projects as needed and will be responsible for directing, developing, and motivating staff.
- Lead timely preparation of Forms 10-Q and 10-K, including XBRL tagging compliance, using Workiva/Wdesk. Ensure integrity of financial reporting and compliance with quarterly disclosure controls and review procedures.
- Collaborate with investor relations to provide periodic earnings release materials.
- Participate in business review meetings to accuracy and consistency in financial reporting.
- Assist in quarterly auditor reviews and year-end audit process.
- Support preparation and review of the annual Proxy statement.
- Oversee consolidation of foreign subsidiaries in US GAAP and work with business leads to monitor and analyze foreign subsidiary results.
- Manage accounting setup and financial reporting integration for new subsidiaries while assuring consistency of global accounting policies and processes.
- Conduct research of technical accounting issues, including consulting on accounting impact of proposed business transactions.
- Lead process to adopt new accounting standards in full compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. Establish and monitor ongoing accounting processes for complex new and existing standards.
- Formulate, maintain and enforce accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP.
- Partner with internal audit function to assure effective and consistent global internal controls.
- Coordinate tax requests and manage the flow of information with external tax advisors for year-end provisions and annual filing.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting. CPA certification required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Ten or more years progressive U.S. GAAP accounting and comprehensive SEC reporting experience.
- High degree of business judgment, analytical ability and integrity.
- Previous experience with multinational consolidation and the financial close.
- Ability to address routine and complex reporting, technical accounting and internal controls.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines using strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication and leadership skills/ability to relate to all levels of personnel.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office product suite.
- Experience with JDE Enterprise One and Workiva/WDesk preferred.