The BioFulcrum II Initiative at Gladstone seeks a Staff Research Scientist with a background in cellular biology, molecular biology, microbiology, and/or bioengineering. This Initiative is focused on identifying host pathways that are commonly hijacked by pathogens to reveal basic biological mechansims and novel therapeutic targets. The candidate will be responsible for both working independently and collaborating with multiple researchers to develop CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing platforms for relevant primary 2D and 3D cell culture models.
- PhD in biology, cellular biology, molecular biology, microbiology, bioengineering, or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of relevant postdoctoral experience
- Expertise in primary cell culture model systems and/or CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing.
- Previous experience with applying for and securing independent sources of funding.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully balance multiple research projects.
- Team player able to work in large collaborative efforts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Additional experience in propagating and/or working with bacterial and/or viral pathogens.
The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research institution affiliated with the University of California San Francisco (UCSF), contributing to the health and well-being of all people through medical research, education, and outreach in the areas of heart disease, HIV/AIDS, and neurological disease. Gladstone is composed of three separate institutes and approximately 400 employees. Our employees receive exceptional benefits. We are located in an award-winning building adjacent to UCSF's Mission Bay Campus. Gladstone has consistently ranked as one of the top places to work in academia in the United States.