GB Sciences Nevada
Las Vegas, NV
Position: Cannabis Grower
- Help the Grow Department meet the production demand quantity and quality for retail establishments in accordance with Nevada regulations.
- Responsible for completing any work assigned to them during their scheduled shift, as well as information sharing.
- Maintain open communication with the management team and other co-workers.
- Report employee issues or product situations.
- Record accurate information using Metrc.
- Responsible for following all operational guidelines, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties.
- Manage plants from vegetative state until harvest.
- Oversee all the tasks in the grow including cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, waste disposal and inventory management.
- Work closely with cultivation manager on daily basis.
- Manage plant scheduling and organization.
- Execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as legal plant treatment options. This must include a keen eye for spotting issues before they become a problem.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Candidate is required to follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) and operate and clean all equipment while complying with state and local laws and safety standards.
QUALIFICATIONS, PREFERRED SKILLS, AND EDUCATION :
- Previous grow/laborer/cannabis experience preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must obtain and retain a state-issued Agent Card.
- Knowledge of growing techniques, including:
- Knowledge of growing technologies, such as lights, irrigation, fertilizer, etc.
- Knowledge of different strains and their unique growing demands.
- Ability to execute techniques consistently.
- Good documentation, inventory, and organization skills.
- Ability to work with a team and a have goal oriented mindset.
- Knowledge and skillset to constantly problem solve as issues present themselves at every stage of the plant’s growth.
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule.
- Work a flexible schedule.
You must be at least 21 years of age.
Must be able to pass a background check with no felonies.
Must have reliable transportation.
This position will require the applicant to routinely sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and bend for up to 8 hours. Position requires the occasional lifting of objects in excess of 50lbs.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are meant as a summary. Duties may change as employer deems necessary.
Job Type: Full-time