Three Rivers Ranch is a family owned and operated fly-fishing business with 4 full-service fly shops and a fly fishing lodge in Idaho. Our fly shops are located in Island Park, Driggs, Ashton, and Boise; our Lodge is located in Warm River. We provide guided fly fishing trips, overnight camping experiences, and provide fly fishing gear for people looking to enjoy our great State of Idaho.
This job is seasonal, you can start in May and ends in October. Could lead to a full-time position in a different location.
Position Profile: Three Rivers Ranch / TRR Outfitters – Fly Shop Team Member
Each Fly Shop Team Member is primarily responsible for providing a world-class shopping experience for new and existing TRR customers.
TRR Team Members take pride in our world-class service, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented (& almost family) environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. Three Rivers Ranch, TRR Outfitters, and our team members are also committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
- Embrace the Three Rivers Ranch Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Achieve sales expectations by personally assisting customers and using the selling techniques of suggestive selling, personal testimonials, add-on sales, and clienteling.
- Actively suggest and assist customers to purchase through additional Three Rivers Ranch channels including phone, web, other fly shops, and at our main lodge.
- Continuously gain product knowledge on all products/services by utilizing retail information, product labels, catalog copy, and discussing with fly shop manager, general manager, guides, and other seasoned employees.
- Follow-through on all assignments from store management including:
- Stocking sales floor, general sales floor maintenance, & cleaning.
- Processing shipments into and out of the store. (i.e. Receiving Vouchers & Store Transfers)
- Processing web and phone orders.
- Maintaining visual presentation standards, sizing, taking markdowns, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service on returns, special orders, repairs, etc.
- Maintain a list of items that need to be reordered. Regularly submit the ‘list’ or purchase order to a fly shop manager or to the general manager via email.
- Must be comfortable providing retail sales of alcohol (in bottles) over the counter. Our Ashton fly shop is a liquor store, licensed by the State of Idaho.
- Outgoing, friendly & personable with a positive attitude.
- Successful sales experience preferred.
- Previous retail and merchandising experience.
- Team oriented with the ability to take direction and execute with exactness.
- Multi-task oriented.
- A love of fly-fishing and must have an appreciation for the outdoors.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
- Customer Service Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fly Fishing: 1 year (Required)