The President is responsible for providing transformative leadership, focus and strategic vision for Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) in collaboration with the Chancellor and the Board of Regents.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the TTUHSC President include the following:
- Administers and ensures consistent, high-quality executive leadership and management of all functional areas of TTUHSC, including and not limited to academics, research, clinical operations, physical campus operations, managed care, finance and accounting, compliance, people development, information technology and external relations.
- Establishes a clear vision for the institution and identifies appropriate strategic objectives and the means to successfully achieve goals.
- Serves as the academic leader for TTUHSC, with support from the university’s Provost, and ensures that TTUHSC provides a high-quality educational curriculum and expert faculty for the benefit of its students and teaching mission.
- Provides executive oversight and supports efforts to ensure accreditation standards for all schools and the institution.
- Nominates members of the faculty and executive administration under the jurisdiction of the President and makes recommendations to the Board for the promotion and award of tenure for faculty members.
- Provides leadership in elevating TTUHSC’s research enterprise while maintaining excellence in teaching and patient care.
- Champions student learning and success across the academic enterprise.
- Actively works to ensure that the institution acquires the necessary public and private resources to expand it research capabilities and successful achievement of TTUHSC’s goals.
- Engages in advancement activities that increase TTUHSC’s endowment and growth of its schools.
- Understands and supports the current and ideal culture for TTUHSC based on agreed-upon values.
- Understands the importance of the governmental process and possesses the skills to ensure that legislative goals on the state and federal levels are identified and met.
- Works closely and fosters relationships with regional campus leaders, hospital partners, and community leaders at enterprise and campus locations.
- Fosters diversity and inclusion by a commitment to a diverse student body, leadership team, faculty, staff and university community.
TTUHSC seeks a strong and visionary leader with the following:
- Earned doctorate or equivalent terminal professional degree.
- Extensive professional, administrative and public experience, including experience relating to an institution of higher education or professional school.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills and integrity in an academic, research and health care environment.
- An exemplary record of scholarly, professional and individual credentials.
- An established record of forward-thinking vision and innovation with proven significant results.
- A commitment to applied research and inter-professional collaboration.
- A commitment to diversity and a culture where values are forefront.
DESIRED LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES:
Traits and abilities that are key to the success of the President:
- Individual with unquestioned integrity, high energy and demonstrated leadership and administrative abilities who can shape, articulate and implement the dynamic mission of TTUHSC.
- Compelling and energetic personality with a demonstrated history of strategizing, charting a vision, engaging multiple stakeholders, setting appropriate and reasonable fundraising goals, and meeting those objectives, with personal integrity and sound financial management.
- Possesses an outstanding reputation for executive-level management with documented ability to administer and coordinate all operations and programs of the institution and to lead and manage change and growth.
- Merits broad-based respect to inspire institutional accountability, efficiency, fiscal responsibility, and the ethical and effective performance of all leaders and divisions of TTUHSC.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to ensure efficient operations throughout the organization while fostering growth in enrollment, supporting quality research, creative and scholarly productivity, and upholding high academic and health care standards.
- Successful record leading a financially complex institution to ensure proper administration of the financial affairs of TTUHSC.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership skills and integrity in an academic, research and/or service environment, including large and comprehensive health care organizations.
- Strong understanding of the workings of a large university system, along with knowledge of and/or experience with the business operations of large and comprehensive organizations.
Inquiries, applications and nominations may be submitted electronically in total confidence. Nominations for the position are welcome. The 14-member search committee is chaired by Mark Griffin, member of the Texas Tech University System Board of Regents.
Confidential applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications and candidate screenings will begin immediately. Applications should be submitted no later than March 9, 2020 in order to assure full consideration by the search committee.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Minimum Hire Rate
Salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills.
The range of compensation for the position shall be set by the Board of Regents, in consultation with the Chancellor, with compensation being competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience and the university’s peer institutions.
Up to 75%
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.