Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
EVENT COORDINATOR / ASSISTANT TO CEO OF PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY (Downtown San Diego)
Are you interested in becoming part of one of the most dynamic and exciting companies in San Diego? Mind Movies opened its doors in 2007 and has since touched the lives of over 4.2 million people worldwide with our flagship products which serves the personal development industry and those interested in using the Law of Attraction. We're looking for a new superstar to join our team.
We offer a challenging yet laid back team working environment. We live and breathe a 'work hard, play hard' mentality and are seeking a team member who is highly driven, willing to learn and wants to grow with a fast moving company. Before you read any further please note: YOU ARE REQUIRED to have these three skills to excel in this role: Efficiency, Attention to detail, Proactive/taking initiative.
EVENT COORDINATOR JOB DUTIES (These include but are not limited to the following):
- Event coordination for three 3-day long events each year. This is for a high-level mastermind event for online marketing entrepreneurs. It will include coordination of the event location, meal planning, organization of social events and all communication before and after the event with its 50 members.
ASSISTANT JOB DUTIES (These include but are not limited to the following):
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and all travel and engagements. Needs to be very detail-oriented!
- Manage incoming emails and communications with important business partners.
- Run general errands for the CEO.
- Marketing responsibilities: Proofreading, editing, and potentially assisting with the blog and social media
- Previous experience in an administrative or personal assistant role and event coordination will be highly regarded.
- Self starter: MUST take a highly proactive approach to taking things off the CEO’s plate and consistently look for ways to lighten CEO’s load.
- Must excel at handling multiple tasks simultaneously and staying organized in an environment where there's always multiple tasks on you're plate.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexible: No task too high or too low. Creative, whatever-it-takes attitude to take projects to completion. Able to change course mid-way through a project if needed.
- Strong computer skills: Proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Efficient with internet research.
- Tech-savvy: Able to do everything from working though a Mac computer problem with tech support to updating CEO’s iPhone, iPad, organizing online photos, fixing sync problems with company Google Calendar, etc. Experience with Slack and JIRA is a plus.
- Must be available to occasionally travel on business related trips, sometimes on a weekend.
- Excellent, professional, oral and written communication skills. Extremely organized and a great team player.
- Committed to high performance without drama. Loves to make “the impossible” happen!
- Must be okay with weekend work. In addition to the 3 weekend events that you will essentially run, you may be required to work extra hours or on weekends from time to time.
Experience in the following areas would be a great bonus but are not required:
Compensation: Will be determined on experience level.
Location: Gaslamp, San Diego
Job Type: Full-time