The Project Manager II serves as the on-site Gilbane manager responsible for supporting the overall direction, completion and financial outcome of a construction management project; supervises/mentors the project staff to include multiple Project Engineers and Superintendents.
- Provide leadership in motivating the project team and maintain a positive work environment
- Manage the project using established project controls and procedures
- Perform constructability and coordination reviews
- Communicate with owners, architects and subcontractors related to project risk, timetables, costs/budgets, and change management
- Perform pre-construction planning, scheduling and cost control
- Buy-out of job by determining the sub-contracting strategy for the project and preparing front-end documents and bid processes under various project delivery models
- Prepare monthly reports including cost, schedule, safety, cash flow, etc. for internal and/or external use
- Provide jobsite leadership in the area of safety and quality
- Prepare contingency plans for potential risks, expanding contractual services and project profit
- BS OR MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 5-10 years of Project Management experience on Commercial, Healthcare, K-12, or Higher Ed projects valued at $50 million or larger
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical and communication skills are critical
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Prolog, Microsoft Office (preferred)
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test. Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.