The Project Design Engineer – Processing Lead is a subject matter expert thatwill lead their discipline as part of the Project Design team to define standards, consistent processes, and formulate projects that can be used and issued to suppliers for initial budget and final pricing and order placement. This position is responsible for completing capital engineering feasibility studies, creating initial and detailed equipment designs, and creating engineering standards that complement the equipment design and can be utilized for project feasibility and execution phases of projects to improve speed of execution.
· Create standard engineering project designs and Capex estimates for major capital initiatives working together with supply development, project leads and their teams.
· Participate & lead cross functional Reviews to define and agree standard process flows ensure all major Capital projects ( >$1MM) within the Zone are designed to maintain business continuity, maximize operating income and factory efficiency, including the formulation of: standard designs, cost estimation and challenging timelines together with Regional Engineering, R&D and FS&Q.
· Develop equipment standards and designs to enable Procurement to obtain standard pricing structures for particular/preferred suppliers. Working closely with Capex Procurement, Technical Services, R&D and FS&Q.
· Develop & deploy standardized production flows and equipment for Capex projects across the Zone and champion the process in relation to specific projects to ensure compliance.
· Establish benchmarking of common equipment or processes and Capital projects across the Zone to understand key advantages of each the various installed lines and standardize where these bring competitive advantage.
· Identify and evaluate Best Available Technologies and engineering practices for their discipline, sharing them across the zone, and globally where appropriate. With the aim of delivering projects in a more consistent and expedient manner.
· Provide technical support to project engineers as requested during equipment build, acceptance testing and commissioning.
· Participate in Post Project Implementation Reviews to understand areas for improvement and revision versus the established standards and approach.
· Experienced engineering projects manager with a minimum of 6-8 years experience leading multi-functional across a number of supply chain roles within the food manufacturing industry, with a degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Production or Industrial Engineering.
· Demonstrable knowledge in their discipline in defining processes and establishing engineering standard for the use in engineering projects.
· External relationships with OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and Engineering service organizations throughout the world.
· Experienced engineer with a thorough knowledge of proven and advanced technology and with the ability to apply that knowledge practically to ensure objective decision making in a timely manner that will provide competitive and innovative advantage.
· Demonstrable skills obtained through implementation of projects that include a high level of Automation and integrated control systems and practical application of Industry 4.0 solutions.
· Experience of working with LEAN or similar structured continuous improvement methodologies.
· Able to travel as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Project management: 6 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location