If you are passionate about the field of Education, enjoy on-going training, helping others grow, and have a sincere desire to cultivate our next generation of children, we have a position for you! Making a difference in a child’s life is the most rewarding experience one can have during their professional career. The YMCA of South Florida is looking for enthusiastic, energetic, passionate, team oriented and motivated Front Desk Attendants to work with children and families throughout Broward County.
The position is a year-round part-time position; typical After School hours are Monday through Friday 1:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
As a Front Desk Attendant, you will be required to:
· Maintain welcome areas to meet the YMCA standards.
· Maintaining single point of entry on site at all times to ensure safety.
· Collect and document all payments due.
· Maintain and update all staff, children’s files and binders to ensure compliance with BASCC and DCF requirements.
Areas in need of staff are the following: Hollywood, Plantation, Deerfield, Lauderhill, Lauderdale Lakes, Pompano Beach, Oakland Park, Fort Lauderdale, Sunrise, Coral Springs.
· A high school diploma or GED.
· Ability to relate to children.
· Customer Service Skills.
· Front Desk must be at least eighteen (18) years-old at the time of hire.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
· Year-round employment.
· 25% discount on all Y programs.
· YMCA Retirement Savings Plan Eligible.
· Convenient locations throughout Broward County.
· Complimentary facility usage at any Y family center.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
To keep our staff, and children, safe we encourage frequent hand-washing, provide hand sanitizer stations, and work off of a smaller staff-to-child ratio. We also require all persons to wear masks on-site.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
Communication method(s) used:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma