The audio technician provides support to live artistic programming at the Walker Art Center under the supervision of Walker full-time staff. These audio technicians support the wide range of technical activities of a multi-jurisdictional arts center with programming support need on a show-by-show basis.
- Backline setup/troubleshooting
- Able read and set up staging from stage diagrams/input lists
- Digital and manual audio console mixing (FOH) and troubleshooting
- Digital and manual monitor console mixing (onstage) and trouble shooting
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2 years experience stage set up for live music/bands
- Experience working with audio signal flow
- Experience working with a wide variety of mic brands and types
- Preferred experience in Q-Lab programming and operation
- Skills in other technical areas outside of video are valued
- Part-time, project based, Non-exempt, $23 hourly.
- Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
Ends June 2023.
This position is covered by the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) labor contract.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- Comfortable with working at heights required by hydraulic lifts, extension ladders and theatrical grids.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
The Walker Art Center requires all employees to comply with our COVID vaccination policy, which requires staff to be fully vaccinated or test every 6 days. The Walker Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and will consider request for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs possible without undue hardship.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $23.00 per hour