Job Summary: Assures produce of the highest quality is packed into the appropriate containers with correct labels and meets food safety & commodity specifications at an acceptable productivity level.
- Visually inspects and identifies different ripening stages, sizes and classification and packs them accordingly
- Handles produce carefully to prevent bruising or blemishes of the product
- Cleans and sanitizes food contact surfaces in the packing area
- Meets company and statutory hygiene, quality, food and health & safety and packing standards and procedures
- Inspects produce and packaging for foreign object control
- Reports food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority
- Complies with Packhouse SOPs, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and policies & procedures, preferred
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
- Understands and follows information presented through spoken words and sentences by a supervisor or manager
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- General understanding of packinghouse operations and good manufacturing practices, preferred
- This job operates within a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend; twist; use hands to handle or feel product or packaging; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves lifting up to 30-pounds occasionally. Visual requirements.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to resumesGA@pure-flavor.com
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Check us out at www.pure-flavor.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.