Support Area Vice President and Area General Managers in making good business decisions and achieving a high level of profitability based on sound financial awareness, budget preparation, pricing and control, risk exposure, financial analysis and compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Ensure controllership practices at the Area level
- Train and direct Financial Analysts in financial and controllership aspects of the area
- Identify and implement profit opportunities through LEAN methodology
- Analyze contractual rebill and recovery opportunities
- Conduct location level financial/profitability reviews to ensure controllership compliance
- Assist Area Vice-President and Operations Managers in business planning process
- Work with Sales and Product Line to promote new and existing business growth
- Participate in customer meetings and presentations as needed
- Develop direct relationship with the finance/controller counterparts of the area’s major customers
- Insure accounts receivable compliance with Company guidelines.
- Support operations in new business startups
- Train Operations personnel in available financial tools, policies and controllership compliance
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by manager
- At least 5 years experience with accounting process and financial reporting
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting required
- Masters degree preferred
- Willingness for overnight travel required
- Excellent communication and people skills required
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills required
- Data mining and report tool (experience Crystal, Business Objects, etc.) preferred
- Quality program certification (Six Sigma, ISO, LEAN, etc.) preferred
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of company systems and procedures preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.