Tokyo Electron America, Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo Electron Limited, a global, multi-billion dollar corporation and a leader in the semiconductor equipment industry, is currently seeking an Intern with expertise in Computational Fluid Dynamics to join our CLEAN TRACK Advanced Technology Group (ATG) located in Austin, TX. With the goal of making improved wafer-processing equipment, our team models wafer-processing hardware and identifies the critical aspects of the design that allow the hardware to perform to specification.
- This position is payrolled via payroll provider service.
- The candidate will use computational fluid dynamics and/or finite element software to simulate problems of interest in fluid mechanics.
- Responsibilities involve analyzing complex physical systems with a team, defining a simulation plan to study critical items of interest, identifying the necessary CFD techniques to pursue, and then execution of the simulations. Iterative analysis with engineering team will allow for steady improvement of CFD models.
- Candidate will be required to fully document their work in order to provide colleagues with enough detail to be able to maintain engineering simulations.
- Strong emphasis is placed on candidates that can drive solutions to difficult problems through structured project management across global interdisciplinary teams
- Good communications skills are considered critical. The candidate will communicate project goals and status to technical and marketing teams both domestically and globally.
- Candidate will benefit from learning about semiconductor industry and the development of wafer-processing equipment. They will also experience working in a cross-functional technical team environment.
- Minimal travel might be required.
- The candidate must be pursuing a M.S. or PhD degree in engineering, physics or equivalent field.
- Candidate must have a strong background in Computational Fluid Dynamics or Finite Element Analysis.
- Experience with Star-CCM+, Fluent, or COMSOL software packages is desirable
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans