At Dishcraft Robotics our mission is to automate repetitive tasks in commercial kitchens; cutting costs and improving efficiency. We are a venture-backed Bay Area startup that is revolutionizing commercial kitchens with robotics, computer vision, machine learning, and innovative mechanical design. Come join our talented team of technologists and business people as we create advanced machines in an industry that touches everyone.
At Dishcraft Robotics, first and foremost, we value people, intellectual engagement, and transparent communication. We are looking for a highly motivated, intellectually curious and passionate Manufacturing Engineer who will build and own the manufacturing line for both New Product Introductions (NPI) as well as support, improvements, modifications and further deployment for sustaining production.
About The Role
- Design, document, assemble, qualify and introduce production assembly/test/inspection fixtures and equipment.
- Take ownership of new products during pilot production phase through successful and sustained product launch. This includes driving new product introduction schedules, resolving manufacturability issues, and driving improvements in cost and efficiency.
- Provide product and process DFM (Design for Manufacturing) input to Product Development Engineering to enhance manufacturability and product cost.
- Create an efficient manufacturing assembly line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, workflow processes, and detailed NPI work instructions.
- Design and create production equipment, fixtures, and tests as needed to build the production line either internally or as needed at suppliers.
- Provide training and support to production technicians.
- Provide technical support analyzing and/or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
- Manage outside vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement initiatives focused on material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and streamlining of the supply chain.
- Support, maintain, improve, modify and further develop the manufacturing line as needed for sustaining production.
- 3+ years experience as a manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant mechatronic content.
- BS in ME, EE, IE or Management Science.
- Strong CAD skillset with a vision for early manufacturing production.
- Demonstrated machining knowledge and experience.
- Experience designing and using manufacturing fixtures and tools.
- Experience following and implementing design control processes.
- Experience with design history files.
- Design and/or process verification, validation and testing.
Dishcraft Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.