Full-time | Part-time | Temporary | Contract$15 - $20 an hour
- Driver's License
- Box truck
- Communication skills
- Basic math
- Customer service
- High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
Apply ONLY if you have year professional packing experience.
As a professional packer, you will be packing customers’ household or office belongings. The Moving Truck assignments range from single items to an entire residence or office space. Packing involving fragile and or delicate items are common.. The workday can be long (a ten-hour day or longer is not unusual). These demands require a person with above average strength, stamina, fitness and skill.
The Moving Truck Tasks include:
- Responsible for transporting household goods/commercial equipment and furniture from origin to destination.
- Inspecting trucks before and after trips, completing and submitting truck condition reports.
- Carrying heavy items long distances and up/down stairways.
- Manually hoisting heavy items.
- Wrapping furniture and equipment.
- Box-pack items such as breakables, books, artwork, knick-knacks.
- Working with moving equipment and tools.
- Navigating traffic, road conditions and using maps or gps tools.
- Disassembling and reassembling furniture and equipment.
- Providing quality, customer service at all times.
- Acting as a liaison with move coordinator and sales representatives, dispatch and warehouse staff to insure customer satisfaction.
- Adhering to all safety, OSHA and DOT regulations in accordance with Apex Movers safety program.
- Complying with drug-free workplace initiatives.
- Maintaining a tool kit for installation, assembly and breakdown of furniture or other items for transport.
- Understanding and completion of move packet paperwork along with clear documentation of inventories.
The Moving Truck LLC Qualifications:
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must be 18 years of age and pass requirements of our insurance company.
- Ability to drive a box truck (preferred).
- Must have 1 year professional packing experience.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D required.
- Must pass a background check and drug test.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs on a regular basis with above average stamina and fitness skills.
- Must have good penmanship, basic math skills and excellent grammar.
- Friendly, safety-minded, positive attitude, good communication and customer service skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- minimum: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- The Woodlands, TX 77386 (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Typical start time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma