The Marketing Consultant participates in various projects by utilizing and applying his/her knowledge of Medicare Advantage (MA)/Medicare Supplement and healthcare marketing expertise to effectively develop marketing strategies and tactics to serve our client partners while maintaining Gorman Health Group (GHG) standards of quality and excellence.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise in marketing, advertising, and market analysis to both established MA plans and start-ups in the market place. Be able to develop marketing recommendations and clearly communicate those to clients.
- Be accomplished at developing marketing presentations and marketing plans utilizing strong written communications.
- Be able to conduct marketing, product, and competitive benefit analyses with GHG tools.
- Be able to develop marketing pro formats and budgets.
- Understand the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicare Communications and Marketing Guidelines.
- Serve as a resource for team members and clients on various projects involving topics such as, but not limited to, compliance, operational processes, management analysis, pharmacy, and medical management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of project work plans, timelines
- Collaborate with team members to attain project goals within the defined time frames.
- Identity and define problems, collect relevant data, establish facts, and draw valid and innovative conclusions.
- Contribute to the achievement of GHG goals and objectives by performing other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the MA environment in relation to health plans, insurers, providers, vendors, and facilities.
- Communicate clearly with internal and external partners and effectively represent the client’s and GHG interests.
- Work across all levels of management, be team focused and at ease working in a large organization with an attitude of group achievement as the primary goal.
- Be independent, adaptable and, at the same time, a team player.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, strong decision-making skills.
Abilities and Education Required
- Five or more years’ experience in the development and implementation of Medicare marketing strategies
- Ability to travel 60-70% of the time based on project assignment
- Ability to work in a virtual office and virtual teaming experience
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
Job Type: Contract