The Sales Consultant solicits and secures new clients for linen, industrial and facility services, sells and promotes approved, targeted products and services within a designated sales territory. Reports to the Regional Sales Manager and works closely with the Branch Manager.
- Solicit and secure new clients, sell and promote all approved lines of service or product within a designated sales territory. Continually meet or exceed sales quotas and expectations.
- Proactively identify, solicit and motivate targeted prospects using a variety of methods such as cold-calling, lead qualifying, presenting proposals and sales funnel management. Maintain sales records and accurately fill out new client paperwork.
- Actively participate in promotions, contests, meetings and training.
- Follow company Sales policies and procedures, including price/product guidelines and new installation procedures.
- Present a professional image. Build relationships, communicate openly, educate customers, manage customer needs and proactively work with other departments to smoothly transition a new customer.
- Safely operate a vehicle on each trip, following all applicable laws and company policy. Maintain vehicle cleanliness and ensure regular vehicle maintenance.
- Attend/work trade shows and marketing events as required.
- Monitor and report competitive activity.
- Follow written and verbal instructions. Perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- May work with and support other sales personnel or functions as required by supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, as well as strong time management skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding, safety or other violations.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product. Count, add and subtract accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- College degree or two years sales experience in a similar industry.
- Qualified to hold a driver's license.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, driving, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, reading, speaking, hearing, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Vehicles on public roads, inside general offices, customer locations, areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
- Daily, driving by vehicle within a designated sales territory.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)