Warner Music Group is proud to offer our new Finance Rotation Program to candidates looking to jump start their finance career within the music industry. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity in entertainment, and the ability to work with top executives at our award-winning, global record labels—this program is perfect for you.
Upon joining our team, analysts are fully immersed in the fast-paced world of finance within each rotation at WMG, Atlantic Records, and ADA. They will participate in strategic meetings that impact WMG and our artists, help to solve key business issues, and offer their ideas and perspectives in order to further WMG’s global success. In addition to gaining unparalleled industry experience, working as an Analyst within our Finance Rotation Program ensures that you will obtain access to incredible finance development opportunities, company-wide events, exposure to our senior leadership team across labels, and an all-access VIP ticket to our remarkable culture, in-house entertainment, and some pretty cool music perks.
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM:
High-performing, college graduates will be selected for an immersive two-year financial rotational program at WMG. Participants will have the opportunity to work in four different businesses units, as Analysts, across WMG’s operating units; each assignment a duration of six months.
During the program, Analysts will work with global colleagues from various divisions across the company to solve problems, understand our financial processes and systems, and gain exposure to international finance practices and senior management. At the end of the program, Analysts will be well versed on the ever-changing music industry, our global business strategy, deep-rooted culture, and the challenges of WMG’s finance teams.
Successful Analysts will become part of an exclusive talent pool of future financial leaders for WMG.
During each of the six-month rotations, Analysts will engage in:
PARTICIPATING BUSINESS GROUPS:
- Leadership Development : Our goal is to help participants grow professionally and personally. To this end, participants are exposed to cross-business and cross-geographic areas to establish a broad knowledge base of WMG and how our finance businesses work together. This experience includes key developmental assignments that challenge the individual to deal, adapt, and succeed in a global team environment.
- Innovative Thinking : Participants join a team and inject fresh ideas to tackle the issues facing WMG and the music industry.
- Building a Track Record of Success : Participants have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to four different rotations in a span of two years, making for an impressive and extensive repertoire of experience, which participants can leverage throughout their careers with WMG.
During the Finance Rotation Program participating business units will include:
WHY THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT BIG BREAK:
- Corporate Finance – Internal Audit
- Corporate Finance – FP&A
Analysts in our Finance Rotation Program will be given specific job responsibilities based on the needs of the business and their background/experiences. Within each rotation, there will be target skills that the Analysts will acquire, goals for each project, and a final presentation to the executive sponsors, mentors, and hiring team on what they learned, and how WMG can improve their business operations and processes. Analysts will also be responsible for providing feedback about each rotation, the overall program, and their experience to the executive HR partner.
IT WOULD BE MUSIC TO OUR EARS IF YOU HAD:
- BA or BS degree in accounting, finance or business obtained between January 2015 – June 2017
- GPA 3.2 or above
- Ability to commit to a two year rotational program
- Proper authorization to work in the U.S.
- Internship, entrepreneurship, or work experience in finance is required
- Advanced degree, CPA or graduate degree a plus
- Prior internship experience at WMG or within public accounting
- Prior work experience in finance, accounting, tax, treasury, internal audit, consulting, investment banking, data analytics, cash management, business, music, technology, entertainment
- Proven leadership and analytical skills
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and project management skills
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-motivated team player
- Passion for music and technology
- Eagerness for learning and helping others learn
- Adaptable to change
The Analyst will rotate between four functional groups every 6 months over the course of two years.
After two years, Analysts will not be guaranteed full-time positions. However, our goal is that the participants will be highly successful and sought after for open roles. Based on the individual’s strengths and the company’s available opportunities, the participant will be offered a full-time role based on the timing of the job. This can include newly created full time positions or existing positions that become open due to staff changes.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2017 Warner Music Inc.