Independently gathers and analyzes information for developing and modifying information processing systems in accordance with USPS requirements. Leads, analyzes, designs and implements technical solutions per defined requirements. Prepares the architectural plan for the integration of these systems into the larger technical environment. Interfaces with client stakeholders to define requirements for new/upgraded systems, and creates design specifications/documentation for the developers. Coordinates application configuration, deployment and testing activities. May manage work assignments across a team of developers. Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s). Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- SME-level knowledge of data structures and computing algorithms; and
- Able to troubleshoot application & environment related problems.
- Knowledge of/experience with the following:
•• Agile methodologies/development;
•• Application Lifecycle Management (ALM); and
•• Automated testing products/techniques.
- Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
- Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor less experienced personnel in object-oriented development;
- Extensive experience with requirements definition, specification creation, and preparation of conceptual, logical and physical design documentation using case models, class models, component models, and physical models;
- Extensive experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation)
- Demonstrated client interaction skills and ability to work in a team environment, on-site in a client facility
- Demonstrated ability to manage work assignments across a team of developers;
- Able to obtain Postal clearance; and
- Excellent communication skills.
- Application Object Architect • Data/Object Modeling, Methods, Classes, Inheritance, Polymorphism, re-use concepts, frameworks • Enterprise Java Beans • Object-C, Smalltalk, Delphi, OpenStep, WebObjects, Informatica, Platinum, Nomad, Websphere & Siebel
- Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
- Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
- If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
- All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status Green Card.
- Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
- Cannot have more than 6 months cumulative outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
- All overtime must be pre-approved in writing by the client manager or his/her designated representative.
- Agency will not be reimbursed for overtime charges without previous written authorization. Authorized overtime will be reimbursed at straight time.
- The enforced dress code is business casual, i.e. collared shirt with slacks for men, no skirts above the knee for women.