Osha Bergman Watanabe and Burton LLP (OBWB) is currently seeking candidates to join the Intellectual Property Assistant Team responsible for assisting patent attorneys, patent agents, and patent engineers with preparing, filing, and prosecuting patent applications and handling other intellectual property matters. Candidates must have strong grammar skills and keen attention to detail.
The Basics of the Job
Intellectual Property Assistants, in collaboration with patent attorneys, patent agents, and patent engineers, work together to handle a wide range of intellectual property matters for the firm’s international client base. Intellectual Property Assistants rely on attorney instruction, established guidelines, and specialized intellectual property software to perform the functions of the job, which include legal document preparation/management/filing, reviewing/drafting professional correspondence, and scheduling and monitoring of docket dates.
- Must be comfortable working with a variety of software applications (e.g., Word, Outlook, docketing system, document assembly system, document management system, accounting software to enter time and fees and to generate draft invoices, etc.)
- Must work well as a member of a team (including other assistants, engineers, patent agents/attorneys, docketing and accounting staff, and others
- Must have experience adhering to established company policies and procedures and specific client preferences
- Must be detail oriented (i.e., at proofing own work to ensure same is correct, contains no typos, and adheres to company and client preferences)
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be flexible and willing to “shift gears” as needed to comply with last minute client requests
- Must be available to work occasional overtime
About Osha Bergman Watanabe and Burton LLP
OBWB prides itself on being one of the most technically and legally proficient international law firms in the world, delivering to our clients the highest level of quality and customer service.
Founded in 1998, OBWB is an intellectual property law firm with a global presence. With offices in Texas, Alexandria, VA, France, China, and Japan, our goal is to assist clients in protecting and enforcing their intellectual property interests worldwide. OBWB was recently ranked as one of the seven most loved intellectual property boutique firms by in-house counsel and 45 in the list of Top Patent Firms according to IP Today.
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote