Teachers at the Redlands Christian Migrant Association help lead the way in child care and early education for the children of migrant farm workers and other rural, low income families. Opening doors to opportunities since 1965, working at RCMA is especially rewarding and we are hiring…
PT Caregiver Any Level (1 position -part time)
Certificate Number: C10HI0532 / Job Order: F-55-19
Responsibilities / Purpose of Position:
Works as a Part-time Caregiver to provide children with developmentally appropriate activities in a quality early childhood program that offers a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children and families. The Part-time Caregiver Performance Standard explains in detail the essential duties and responsibilities of this position and must be used as an integral part of this Job Description.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
Work as Part-Time Caregiver Trainee to:
- Learn to support a warm, secure, affectionate, social-emotional climate for young children. (Note: Lifting and holding children is necessary.)
- Learn to follow daily schedules and plans that support the physical, social, and cognitive growth of young children.
- Follow rules and procedures that establish and maintain a safe and healthy classroom and outside environment.
- Learn to be an engaged partner with families.
- Commit to professionalism and RCMA.
- Meet all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
Level 1, 2 and 3 works as part of a teaching team to:
- Show a warm, secure, affectionate, social-emotional climate for young children. (Note: Lifting, touching and holding a child is necessary.)
- Use the HighScope curriculum to plan environments, activities, and daily routines for young children.
- Use the HighScope curriculum for interaction strategies with children.
- Observe, screen and assess young children to provide support for on-going developmental progress and achievement of RCMA School Readiness goals.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Be an engaged partner with families.
- Manage the classroom.
- Commit to professionalism and RCMA.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
- Proof of high school completion (or equivalent) is highly recommended.
- Transcript documentation of passing All Competency Exams for the DCF Child Care Training.
- Continue to complete Infant Toddler National CDA, FCCPC (Birth-5 years) or ECPC within 260 working days of hire.
- Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Birth-5 years OR
- Infant Toddler National CDA OR Preschool National CDA OR
- Early Childhood Professional Credential (ECPC) OR
- Child Care Apprenticeship Certificate (CCAC)
- Staff Credential Verification NECC
- 9 college credits in early childhood education and 3 months experience in the field (480 working hours) in teaching children birth-5 years. Note: Further training appropriate to the age of children being served, may be required.
- AS degree in early childhood education or child development OR
- AA/AS or BA/BS degree and coursework equivalent to a major related to early childhood education (18 credits) and 480 working hours in teaching children birth-5 years.
- Member of community being served, and, when applicable, farmworker background.
- Current certification in Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Pediatric First-Aid.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Send application and/or resumes & cover letter to:
Redlands Christian Migrant Association, Marc Edmond, Center Coordinator
Fax: (863) 452-4398
100 Ernest E. Sims St., Avon Park, FL 33825
Application available online at: www.rcma.org
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Type: Part-time
- caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- driver's license (Preferred)
- CPR/First Aid (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)