Work from home and visit customers in Chicago territory or Elk Grove Village area.
We are looking for a Lead Network Engineer to be part of an expanding team in Chicagoland. This growing Managed Services Provider and Managed Security Company offers its employees a true open-door policy, family oriented culture based off mutual respect and a strong team-oriented environment.
Bring your knowledge and experience to support this team with the following software: ConnectWise, Office 365 Services, StorageCraft / Axcient, Continuum, Webroot, KnowBe4, ProofPoint, and ITGlue.
Use your unique knowledge of servers and networks, virtual machines, Azure cloud services, Palo Alto’s, networking and firewalls to assist clients work with clients to determine problems to solve, their greatest pain points and requested timeline for completion of the project.
You will be responsible for creation of the S.O.W. for each project and management of projects to approved budget. You will work with the service coordinator to schedule a team to complete each project on time, identify scope creep and out of scope work to present change orders to clients in a timely fashion and utilize and assist in the improvement of internal project processes.
Minimum of 5 - 10 years of experience as a Lead Network Engineer/ Network Administrator/ DevOps with configuring, installing/deploying, troubleshooting and maintaining the following:
- Server based environments with the following Server OS & Roles: Server 2008/2008R2, Server 2012/2012R2, Server 2016, VMware, Hyper-V, Exchange, SQL, Active Director, DNS, File Server, Domain Controller.
- Firewalls- Experience with Palo Alto, Meraki, is a plus.
- Client VPNs (Virtual private networks).
- Managed and Unmanaged switches- VLAN (Virtual LAN) configurations.
- Workstations / Laptops- Windows 7, Windows 10, (Mac OS a plus).
- Image-based backup solutions.
- Enterprise level WiFi- Ubiquiti and/or Aruba experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office 365 (migrations, configurations, and administration).
- Microsoft applications.
- Enterprise level anti-virus- Webroot a plus. Virus remediation.
- RMM (Remote monitoring and management) tools- Understanding and experience with Managed Services. Continuum, ScreenConnect and LogmeIn experience a plus.
- Ticketing Systems- ConnectWise experience a plus.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Cybersecurity is a plus
Local travel required therefore having a car is a must.