Sylvan Learning is the industry leader in providing supplemental education to children in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. With over 30 successful years in the business, we guarantee positive educational results every step of the way. Our passionate instructors are certified, and our expert approach is personal and prescriptive, with each individual child's needs in mind. Our talented employees experience daily the impact they make. We're an organization that prides itself in instilling knowledge and confidence in each customer we benefit! Join us, and be inspired! Why did you first decide to become a Teacher? At Sylvan, we remember why.
As An Instructor At Sylvan, Your Primary Responsibilities Are
Just Teaching. No Lesson Plans. No Preparation. We are currently looking for Physics teachers. As a part-time Sylvan Instructor, you will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a small group, 3:1 setting. You will provide personalized instruction in High School Science. Students of all levels will need assistance on material in all levels of High School Science. Evening and weekend hours available. If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team.
As a Successful Teacher You Will
- Teach using Sylvan based programs
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to the center director
- Inspire Students
- Develop rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and
- Sylvan Requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree required
- Advanced knowledge and familiarity with teaching or tutoring in areas of science including biology, physics, chemistry, and earth science.
- Credential and teaching experience preferred
- Strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Credential (if applicable)
- Copy of Bachelor's Degree -Unofficial Copy of College Transcripts -Resume
- Copy of Transcript
- Other (Any held credential)