If you are looking for a great opportunity to utilize your experience and training in the clerical field, Norristown State Hospital is looking to fill a full time Clerk Typist 2 position that provides clerical support to the Human Resources Department in the area of Timekeeping. Position offers a great office environment with ample free parking and a benefits package includes health insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time, prescription, hearing, dental and vision plans.
Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This is a clerical position that will check employees leave input and notify employees to enter leave in My Workplace as required and perform data entry as necessary. The incumbent will be responsible for the preparation of various notification letters in accordance with processing procedures.
In addition, the incumbent will perform the following time and attendance duties for Monday through Friday hospital staff.
- Receives Daily & Deviation time Reports from responsible work sites within designated time frames. Initiates communication with responsible managers/supervisors to obtain missing information and resolve questionable information.
- Insure that work schedules are accurate by checking the scheduled work hours and meal periods. Initiate changes as needed.
Process a PA61 transaction to effect a work schedule rule change, as appropriate. When an accurate work schedule is not available, initiate substitutions by utilizing a PA61-2003 transaction.
- Post deviations electronically on a daily basis, including annual, sick, sick family, sick bereavement, personal, holiday, etc. by utilizing PA61-2001.
- Post substitutions electronically on a daily basis utilizing PA61-2003, as needed.
- Initiate and complete the CAT-2 electronic form to record wage time and higher class pay. Information is taken from the Daily & Deviation Time Report and from Request for Leave Slips (STD-330);
- Ensures that all CAT-2 forms are posted and input by the pay processing date each pay period according to the payroll schedule published by the Office of Budget.
- Insure receipt of medical documentation when sick leave is three days in duration or longer and/or for any sick leave taken by an employee whose name appears on the sick leave restriction list.
- Insure the receipt of supporting documentation for Civil Leave and Sick Bereavement Leave requested.
- Insure that all AO time requested is accompanied by a justification to be approved by the HR Benefits Analyst.
- Insure confidentiality of medical information provided;
- Reports episodes of one full pay period or more of unpaid leave to the Leave Management Coordinator;
- Provide a printout of any unauthorized leave (AW) and/or tardiness (T) to the Labor Relations Coordinator;
- Responsible to communicate with employees and resolve payroll questions providing a courteous and complete response to employee questions.
- Answers the telephone courteously responding respectfully to employee questions in an effort to provide quality customer service;
- Maintains good public relations with supervisors, employees and co-workers;
- Relieve and/or assist other team members as needed in order to insure processing in accordance with established time frames;
- Insure the following
o employees are not permitted to use leave in excess of leave hours available by the end of the leave calendar year;
o 1st year employees are not permitted to anticipate leave;
o SPF absences are entered through ESS.
- Assists in compiling form for audits, as necessary.
- Prepare notification letters for H1 bargaining unit employees notifying them of their 3rd occurrence of non-pre-scheduled leave.
Other related duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
In order to be eligible for this position you must:
HAVE SUCCESSFULLY EXAMINED AND HAVE A CURRENT SCORE ON FILE FOR THIS JOB TITLE WITH THE STATE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET DONE SO, YOU MUST FIRST APPLY BY CLICKING: exam posting AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS PROVIDED
Meet Pennsylvania residency requirements
Be able to perform essential job functions