Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Under the general supervision of the Call Center Manager and COO, the Clerk IV - Call Center Operator answers incoming telephone calls, provides information and schedules appointments for Council patients. The Call Center Operator is to project the professional organization image through telephone interaction.
1. Possession of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
2. Ability to operate well under pressure.
3. Excels at providing a warm rapport and professional telephone experience.
4. Must have patience to receive, relay, and place high volume telephone calls continuously throughout the day in accordance with health center policies and prescribed methods of Call Center operations.
5. Must have a clear and pleasant speaking voice.
6. Fluent in both English and Spanish preferred.
7. Must be polite and courteous while answering the phone.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
1. Answers telephone after the first ring and no later than the third ring.
2. Provides information to patients regarding appointments, services and access to clinic care.
3. Refers to the Health Council's Telephone Directory to ascertain the appropriate extension for which a caller should be transferred.
4. Answers questions of callers regarding services offered by the Council, or transfers calls to appropriate staff in a timely manner, to minimize the holds and/or waiting time for callers.
5. Becomes knowledgeable about other programs and services within the Council, and how to refer patients and others appropriately.
6. Schedules patients for appointments to various providers and service units,
7. Clearly communicates clinic program and service information to in-coming callers.
8. Contact scheduled patients regarding appointment reminder via telephone/letter.
9. Attend training(s) related to job duties.
10. Notifies Administrative (COO) personnel immediately about problems with Call Center operations
11. Performs other duties that are related to the PBX Operator classification, as well as other tasks that are clerical in nature.
1. Attends work regularly and punctually; is readily accessible during work hours to peers; limits absences from own duty stations and limits visits and activities which distract others from their performance of duties.
2. Works cooperatively with immediate supervisor, with department members, and with other Council staff persons, as required
3. Treats all patients / clients / visitors with respect and courtesy.
4. Remains competent in skills required for position.
5. During the initial thirty (30) days of employment, becomes and remains knowledgeable about and in compliance with the Council's and Department policies and procedures in the following areas:
a. Confidentiality of patient / client / fellow employee and supplier records
b. Patient's rights and responsibilities.
c. Professional and business ethics.
d. Continuous quality and improvement.
e. Safety and security of person and property.
f. Infection control.
g. Hazardous materials and waste.
h. Life safety and emergency preparedness.
6. Maintains a working knowledge about and in continued compliance with all of those areas listed under item (5) throughout your employment with the Council.
7. Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients / clients / visitors served.
8. This position falls under an exclusive bargaining agreement with Health Care Workers’ West Union, Local 250, SEIU, AFL-CIO; and requires employee membership.
WEST OAKLAND HEALTH CENTER
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
700 ADELINE STREET
OAKLAND, CA 94607
ONLY ORIGINAL APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED.
W.O.H.C. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.09 /hour