Quality Insights is one of the largest not-for-profit companies in the United States focused solely on improving health care. Based in Charleston, WV, with offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and a nationwide consulting network, Quality Insights implements major health care improvement initiatives on behalf of federal government agencies like the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the Veterans Health Administration, state bureaus of public health, and private companies. Quality Insights' services include offering education and resources to health care providers and patients, collecting and sharing meaningful performance data to spark improvements, supporting networking and sharing opportunities across health care communities, and providing hands on assistance to individual health care facilities and clinicians.
The Technical Assistance Specialist is responsible for encouraging physicians, physician practices, health centers and other relevant medical providers tointegrateevidence-based methods into routine practice by adapting clinical policies,procedures and workflows to ensure effective implemention of project goals andobjectives. These activities center on providing direct on-site and virtual support to help implement and enhance care coordination through academic detailingand extended engagement and include delivering consultation and technical assistance for practices to optimize EHRs, ensure the security of patient data transmission and use analytics to gain insight from records.
Essential Job Functions Include, but are not limited to:
- Target and recruit practices from local market areas to promote program growth and development of community capacity to achieve specific project goals and objectives.
- Actively promote the convening of appropriate partners and stakeholder organizations that seek to achieve similar project goals. Lead collaborative efforts and work closely with organizations to: conduct environmental scans to assess current baselines; Provide information on productsand tools for relevant healthcare settings; Promote production and use of electronic clinical information; Provide assistance for providers with existing EHR systems to integrate desired project goals; Promote electronic clinical information sharing in accordance with HIPAA standards (including the Privacy and Security Rules) and confidentiality requirements, as applicable.
- Serve as project coordinator for implementation projects by recruiting and assisting physicians, physician practices and relevant healthcare providers with the implementation or modification of workflows.
- Assist office staff, physicians and other disciplines with workflow and technology assessments to effectively identify needs and options.
- Establish, execute, measure and report on initial and on-going environmental scans, benchmarks, and requests for assistance.
- Manage initial and ongoing reporting of all participants and implementation efforts and other related information and cost efficiencies.
- Work with sites on assessing, measuring and improving clinical performance results.
Professional Skills & Competencies Required:
- General knowledge of HIT standards (HL7, CHI, or SNOMED), EHRs and physician office and/or health center practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with interpersonal demeanor conductive to establishing and maintaining effective collaborative working relationships within the organization and across a diverse socio-economic audience of stakeholders throughout the state.
- Ability to respond to all stakeholder inquiries and needs professionally and appropriately.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to develop and manage complex projects, competing priorities, tasks and responsibilities to provide effective support for multiple project management efforts and contract compliance requirements.
- Flexibility with excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills and the ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, including the ability to prioritize work and resources to meet multiple competing deadlines, utilize resources effectively, identify problems, and propose sound solutions/alternatives. Must be able to implement and manage effective solutions as required.
- Computer proficiency, including knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, project management tools, calendar management, contact management, querying and generating reports.
- Fast and accurate data entry capabilities with the ability to collect and maintain routine and/or complex records (paper and electronic) and prepare reports from records.
- Strong presentation skills, particularly with physicians and office staff with the ability to function effectively in a public relations role and demonstrate a commitment to exemplary customer service with customer-centric perspective.
- Knowledge of federal and state statues, regulations, and program standards in relation to assigned contracts.
Minimum Education/Training Required:
A Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, engineering, or a healthcare discipline from an accredited four-year college or university. Relevant Master's degree preferred.
Minimum Experience Required:
A minimum of five (5) years' experience in medical information systems, medical office workflow, HIT project management or related consulting experience. Experience in a physician's office and/or FQHC, CBHC or other relevant healthcare setting is required. Behavioral health (specifically Medication Assisted Treatment for Substance Use Disorder) experience is a plus.
Four additional years of relevant experience may substitute for Bachelor's degree.
A valid driver's license in good standing and reliable transportation is required, as the position does require frequent travel throughout West Virginia.
**We have several openings located throughout the state of West Virginia. This is a home-based position, but only candidates who reside in or very near West Virginia will be considered.**
Quality Insights is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full-time