Finish Carpentry & Millwork company is seeking qualified lead estimator for preparation of proposals for commercial projects.
Responsible for analyzing blueprints, specifications, and other documentation to prepare costs and labor estimates. They are also responsible for receiving and replying to Invitations to bid, soliciting bids from subcontractors, maintaining our bid schedule and other day-to-day tasks. This role interacts frequently with engineering, office and shop personnel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review plans and architectural drawings; prepare quantity take-offs on assigned projects.
- Solicit vendors and subcontractor bids for assigned projects. Obtain multiple bids for each subcontractor. Review and analyze bids for conformance to project specifications, price, material quality, and related items. Discusses and resolves any questions with subcontractor prior to submission of final estimate.
- Follow approved estimating practices consistent with corporate guidelines. Ensure such practices result in the most complete estimates possible while ensuring the financial objectives are met.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel program to calculate, record and track estimates.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Accurately price change orders for on-going work.
- Ensure that the information required to begin the estimating process is accurate and available.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Background in general construction, millwork, architectural millwork, cabinetry, casework, doors and hardware and accessories.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in construction estimating.
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD or other programs a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- General knowledge of kitchen cabinets and countertops and estimate custom millwork jobs.
- As requested, attend client meetings to discuss estimates, answering any questions and resolving any issues regarding pricing and estimates
- Maintain relationships with some clients during the actual project to ensure client satisfaction with the project and the company.
- Provide other services as directed including change order pricing, site visits, bid delivery and occasional collaboration with teams on specific bids.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Interface with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Provide improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Tasks and work need to be completed accurately and on a timely basis to ensure the project is set up for success.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Construction Estimating: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible