Admissions Coordinator-3pm-11pm, (Patient Flow Center)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
About the Department:
The Patient Flow Center manages the transfer of patients into Vanderbilt University Hospital and all bed capacity of the adult enterprise. This includes interfacing with the emergency department and inpatient units to expedite flow of patients through the Vanderbilt system. The Patient Flow Center is comprised of the following departments: Administrative Coordinators, Admission Coordinators, Bed Management, Decedent Affairs, Patient Transport, and the VUH Transfer Center.
Supports delivery of patient care by coordinating physician team assignment and/or unit placement for patients with various origins including: transfers, emergency departments, clinics, and direct admissions.
Facilitates efficient workflow, supports appropriate use of technology, and fosters effective communication.
Make patient assignment decisions based on team availability, needs of patient, availability and appropriateness of each patient care unit.
Enter information into various computer systems and consult physicians per protocols.
Report inconsistencies in processes leadership for quality review.
Partner with team to facilitate problem -solving techniques during complex patient transfers and/or clinical situations.
Work with team to create and execute departmental and organizational initiatives and goals.
Empower clinical teammates to work together in a culture of team and support team-building exercises.
Collaborate with all PFC team members to develop and implement strategies for process improvements.
** Minimum Requirements **
Bachelor's Degree and 1 year experience
Registered Nurse Licensure Required
In addition to offering a lively community that encourages learning and celebrates diversity, Vanderbilt University Medical Center provides its faculty and staff members with a benefits package that is comprehensive and flexible. Components for benefits-eligible employees include:
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US