POSITION TITLE: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND CEO
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
POSITION SUMMARY: The Executive Assistant supports the office of the President and CEO and oversees all aspects of the executive office’s schedule, meetings, board and donor interaction and meetings, including Executive team meetings and projects. The position requires broad knowledge of organization operations and policy, a high level of executive experience, discretion, solid technical skill and a dedication to the mission of the SLSO. The Executive Assistant must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, interact positively and diplomatically with a wide range of senior executives, SLSO Board members, musicians, staff and patrons and support the CEO with great enthusiasm and positive attitude.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Provide confidential support for the President and CEO and executive office. Respond to external and internal inquiries, manage office of President and CEO for minimal disruption and greater impact; direct the issue to the appropriate VP or department for response/follow-up.
2. Organize all aspects of CEO’s very active calendar, managing multiple competing requests for face to face as well as teleconference meetings and prioritizing requests for executive’s time.
3. Draft agendas for Executive Team meetings, Annual Meeting, and meetings of the Board, Executive Committee, Governance and Nominating Committee and any other Board Committee or Task Force, as assigned. Take meeting minutes and notes. Provide follow up. Process all Board-related communications and maintain board stewardship portfolio for CEO. Update board manual and material as needed. Serve as Board liaison.
4. Collect and prepare information for the President and CEO’s use in discussions and meetings with staff and Board members, and outside individuals, including profiles and history of SLSO giving and ticket purchases. Work with Philanthropy Dept. to make sure CEO has all the information she needs, especially in advance of events and concerts. Maintain and keep up to date informational packets for CEO. Make sure all relevant information received from the CEO is entered in Tessitura (database).
5. Coordinate logistics for meetings and events, preparing and distributing materials & agendas; create power point presentations; reserve and prepare facilities; ensure all parties are informed of schedule, location, changes and other logistics (dial in #’s, materials, etc.). Track responses.
6. Compose and produce letters, meeting reports and other correspondence from dictation, verbal direction, and knowledge of organization policy and procedures. Proofread complex documents; perform research; compile information, reports, and spreadsheets.
7. Receive and screen telephone calls, mail, and visitors. Prepare expense reports, credit card reports and check requests as needed. Set-up and maintain files and records which may contain confidential information. Track VPs time off on CEOs calendar – maintain and submit time sheets for each pay period.
8. Provide recommendations and manage special projects/assignments as directed by the CEO.
9. Provide support to Vice Presidents, as needed. Serve as liaison between executive and external constituents. Provide administrative assistance to Board Chair, if needed.
10. Perform other duties for the President/CEO or Executive team, as needed or directed by the President/CEO.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Requires thorough knowledge of a specialized field involving extensive skill development plus the application of basic theory. Advanced use of office equipment including personal computers and software. Requires Bachelor’s Degree plus additional broad specialized training. Knowledge of orchestral music desired.
At least five (5) years administrative experience at the executive level to obtain sufficient background to perform duties of the position.
Skills and Abilities required:
Superb communication, administrative, technical skills. Ability to multitask and work in a very fast-paced environment under general supervision; ability to follow directions while exercising considerable judgment to work independently.
Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written. Ability to work with confidential data of an extremely sensitive nature. Must be comfortable dealing with persons at every level in the organization regarding matters requiring explanation, discussion, and persuasion.
Attention to details, reliability, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines under pressure, proactive with a keen understanding of the importance of managing up, active listener with ability to maintain composure in demanding circumstances.
Superior project management skills with the ability to prioritize daily workflow and meet competing deadlines.
Requires a high level of expertise and impressive computer skills with excellent knowledge and proficiency with Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Knowledge of Tessitura a plus and ability to learn other software as needed.
Dedicated to the mission of the SLSO; ability to serve as an ambassador for the SLSO and provide the finest customer service to anyone interacting with the executive office.
Team worker; collaborative, kind, energetic, diplomatic, detail oriented, flexible, motivated; positive attitude and empathy are essential.