Performs intermediate, technical work on an assigned shift dispatching law
enforcement, fire, and emergency medical services to emergency and non-emergency calls for service. These
functions include answering 911 and administrative telephone lines, operating a computer aided dispatch
system, and communicating with responding units via radio.
- High school graduate or the equivalent
- No experience required
- Must be 18 years of age at time of initial employment date
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to work a varied work schedule including nights, holidays and weekends
- Must be certified as a Telecommunicator in the State of North Carolina or obtain Telecommunicator
certification by successful completion of Telecommunicator Training within one (1) year of employment
as required by the North Carolina Training and Standards Commission
- Testing and pre-employment screenings required for all finalist applicants.
Henderson County provides a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and prescription
coverage, as well as an on-site wellness clinic, 401(k) and 457(b) plans, various voluntary insurance products
and local government retirement. Employees have access to gym and workout areas as well as training
opportunities for career enhancement.
To obtain an application, visit www.hendersonsheriff.org/jobs. Applications may be submitted in person at the
Henderson County Sheriff’s Office, 100 North Grove Street, Hendersonville, NC 28792, by fax to 828-698-4499
or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or are interested in scheduling a tour of the 911 Center, you may contact Communications
Director Lisha Stanley at (828) 694-3127.
The deadline for application is:
Open until filled.
$14.66 - $17.27