Stadium Operations Assistant Status: Internship
Manager of Stadium Operations FLSA: Non-Exempt
Stadium Operations Effective: January 2019
Provide high level of support for the Director of Stadium Operations and others in the operations department. Assist with facilities and grounds departments.
- Assist with checking the cleanliness of stadium including: concourse, restrooms, premium areas, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of the stadium for each event – set up turnstiles, check restroom inventory, set up centerfield plaza with our game, set up tables for sponsors
- Support Director of Stadium Operations with janitorial employees, stadium inventories, stadium cleanup
- Support Director of Stadium Operations with clubhouse operations including taking items to seamstress, jersey inventory, and keeping nameplates up to date.
- Support Director of Stadium Operations with stadium rentals (i.e. charity walks, trade shows, parking events, etc.)
- Assist with stadium security and locking up the facility
- Assist with receiving and organizing promotional and sponsorship materials and keeping these things and areas organized.
- Help with pressure washing and other projects as they arise
- Assist with supervising third-party contractors around the stadium, including security, cleaning, etc.
- Help with interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling and daily management of Game Day Employee staff
- Help keep break room and press box stocked
- Assist head groundskeeper with field maintenance - pulling tarp, clearing fireworks, etc.
- Pocket Schedule distribution when schedule by Marketing Coordinator
- Represent the Indians at various community outreach events
- Box Office & Front Desk shifts in season, as assigned, on a rotating schedule
- Other duties as assigned
Currently enrolled in a college/university or obtained a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Previous experience in a sports environment strongly preferred
Skills & Abilities:
Honesty and strong attention to detail
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a stressful environment
Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Ability to lift 50 lbs
Ability to work up to 14 hours per day, up to 100 hours per week (in-season)
January 2019 – September 30, 2019
40+ hours per week in addition to all home games
$800/month plus housing assistance; $900/month without housing assistance
About the Indianapolis Indians
The Indianapolis Indians are the professional Triple-A baseball club affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. The organization believes in creating affordable and memorable experiences for fans, so they can grow closer together with family, friends and the community through the game of baseball. The Indians play their home games at Victory Field, a 14,200-seat ballpark located in downtown Indianapolis and White River State Park. The venue opened in 1996 and has received numerous national accolades as one of the best minor league ballparks in the United States. The organization has led Minor League Baseball in combined total attendance over the past six seasons. In 2018, the Indians were recognized as Ballpark Digest Team of the Year. The team has been in continuous operation since 1902.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.