*Under minimum supervision, provides detailed cost estimates of rail facilities, bus facilities, system wide contracts, Transit Oriented Development Projects and other miscellaneous projects. Assists in negotiation of changes, cost loading of schedules, bid review, and support of cost analysis.
Produces conceptual cost estimates for projects in early stages of development, and line-by-line cost estimates for approved projects. Prepares estimates for future expansion of the transit system. Provides support to other MARTA staff and departments in claims negotiation, cost analysis, analysis of utility agreement estimates, bid review, and cost loading of scheduling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops order of magnitude level cost estimates for planning and budgeting capital projects, prepares conceptual study level cost estimates, prepares cost estimates at design milestones, and prepares the engineer's cost estimate for bid openings.
- Prepares cost estimates for contract changes and claims. Supports staff with negotiation of costs for settlement of changes and claims.
- Prepares cost analysis of completed projects, maintains data base of historical costs to produce conceptual level cost estimates for proposed projects in the long-range capital improvement program.
- Performs review and analysis of contractor's bids to determine accuracy and validity of bid submittals.
- Analyzes costs of utility and municipality agreements for installation or relocations of utilities in support of MARTA projects.
- Participates in partnerships with other agencies (e.g., GA DOT) to determine cost sharing of mutual projects. Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Construction, or Construction Management and a minimum of six years of progressively responsible estimating experience, three of which were related to estimating and bidding heavy construction projects. Rail transit experience helpful. Proficiency in conceptual and detailed project estimating is required.
- A Master's degree may be substituted for one year of experience. Well-developed and highly effective writing, negotiation, analytical, and problem solving skills are required. Proficiency required in the use of PCs including estimating software applications, cut and fill, Excel, Word, Windows, and database software.
Well developed team work abilities and interpersonal skills. Certification by the American Society of Professional Estimators, and/or The American Society of Cost Engineers is highly desirable. In lieu of a degree, directly related experience may be substituted.
*CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
*Certification by the American Society of Professional Estimators, and/or the American Society of Cost Engineers, is highly desirable.
Candidates who possess the following skills and or experience will be given preference:
- Intermediate to advanced Excel/Word
- Cost estimating software
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,778.00 to $91,168.00 /year
- Cost Estimating Construction Projects: 6 years (Required)