Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
Lifeguard responsibility and duties
- Open the pool each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours
- Treat the pool with appropriate concentration of chemicals on a regular schedule
- Monitor pool-related activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues
- Direct swimmers out of the pool in hazardous conditions
- Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of guests
- Organize and oversee pool parties
- Provide swimming lessons and swim team coaching when available
- Maintain a clean environment in and around the pool
- Provide assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary
Must have or at the time of hire have First Aid and CPR certifications.
Job Type: Part-time
- CPR Certification (Preferred)