The Project Manager, coordinating closely with customer and internal teams (sales, contract management, implementation management, R&D, and finance) is responsible for planning, execution, and successful implementation of our Clinical Research Platform, products, and services for our customers. The Project Manager manages cross-functional teams who are responsible for delivering the approved projects on time, within budget, and with quality results. The Project Manager assists Management where required.
1. Be the project manager with a strong record of achieving results and be the prime contact for customers during implementation and deployment of our software and services.
2. Be responsible and proactively focus to ensure successful completion of the project (organization, plans, budget, communication, risk management, documentation, and stakeholder involvement) on time or before time .
3. Establish performance metrics and KPIs for the team and also for each engagement. Leveraging metrics/KPIs and your experience, identify and implement initiatives to continuously innovate and improve project management methodology and processes to achieve customer success.
4. Conduct and achieve a minimum rating of 4 out of 5 on customer satisfaction surveys conducted during various stages of implementation
5. Build and deliver project plans by reviewing current and forecasted workplans, determining resource requirements to achieve project target timelines and quality expectations.
6. Conduct pre-kick-off and kick-off meetings to establish and get alignment on project goals/objectives, project plans, project organization, milestones, deliverables, communication plan, risk management, and associated processes.
7. Participate in establishing and improving best practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature the capabilities of the organization
8. Work with cross-functional teams and, if necessary, take corrective action to stay focused on customer success and successful implementations and within the budget
9. Develop in-depth knowledge of the domain and products to understand customer requirements, advise customers and provide leadership, including giving product demos as needed and ensure implementations are successful and completed on or before time and delight the customer.
10. Recommend product enhancements and new product opportunities to the Product Management team.
11. Work closely with sales and implementation services to scope and estimate customer engagements (pre-sale).
12. Be flexible and, if needed, work 10 to 12 hours in a day and also work at various timings to participate and coordinate with our global partners/customers who are in different time zones to ensure customer needs are met.
13. Frequent travel (and stay) is required as a part of the project implementations or tradeshows. Coordinate and manage site visits. 25+% travel may be required
14. Take on other assigned responsibilities as required.
1. A Bachelor degree
2. Must have a strong ownership and bias to take action to achieve success and have rock star up-for-anything attitude and be a go-getter. Quality is the key and we maintain high standards and we hold you to it.
3. 4+ years of IT project management experience, planning, tracking and managing projects that successfully met timelines and budgets
4. Formal project management training and/or certification (PMP Certification is a strong plus)
5. Proficient in software projects/products implementation
6. Experience in using project management and presentation tools
7. Experience in writing business requirements and functional specification documents
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills
9. Strong organizational, presentation, and coordination skills
10. Ability to prioritize, work creatively, and perform tasks in solving problems in time-critical situations
11. Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
12. Proven track record of working concurrently on multiple customer engagements
Key Solutions Inc. is the leader in providing integrated, comprehensive software products and services to universities, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, biotech firms, government facilities and independent institutes worldwide. Our solutions streamline and automate Research Administration and Compliance processes, Grants Management, and Conflict of Interest Management for our customers. Our solutions range from out-of-the box solutions to highly configured ones deployed either as customer-hosted or as cloud-based SaaS. Founded and based in Silicon Valley, Key Solutions continuously strives to advance discovery as an effective partner to the Life Science and Research communities.
Key Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $53,050.00 to $69,000.00 /year
- IT Project Management Methodology: 4 years (Preferred)
- Product Demos: 1 year (Preferred)
- Communication Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Business Requirements: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fremont, CA 94538 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible