POSITION SUMMARY - Performs clerical and technical work of moderate difficulty, variety and specialization in a department.
- Provides administrative support to the department and ensures that routine activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Greets persons entering establishment, determines nature and purpose of visit, and directs or escorts them to specific destinations.
- Transmits information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or fax machine.
- Files and maintains records.
- Collects, sorts, distributes, or prepares mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Creates, files, and maintains records.
- Performs data entry.
- Compiles reports.
- Transcribes meeting minutes.
- Creates basic correspondence conducting research and performing basic quantitative quality assurance reviews.
- Reads and analyzes incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Prepares responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares documents for consideration and presentation to managers, committees.
- Performs general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records, and management database systems.
- Researches files and systems for information to assist customers.
- Schedules appointments.
- Files and retrieves information such as documents, records, and reports.
- Gathers information from customers for eligibility of services based on established criteria.
- Attends meetings to take minutes.
- May maintain cash funds or petty cash funds.
Two years of clerical experience.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Combination of relevant education and relevant experience accepted? Yes
Licenses and Certifications:
- Business English, spelling and arithmetic.
- Overall function and responsibilities and services in assigned area.
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, filing and other office procedures and terminology
- Proficient use of basic computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office Suite
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Stress tolerance – Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Building Customer Loyalty – Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Managing Work – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Specific Information
This position will be located at our Tyvola Senior Center and will work 25-29 hours a week Monday-Friday between 8:30am-4:30pm. The incumbent will sit at the main (lobby) reception desk to greet guests and support the staff with administrative duties. Candidates should have two-years of full-time customer service experience, solid Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.) skills, ActivNet (system) experience preferred, excellent communication skills (oral/written), attention to detail and a team player.