- PhD in Economics or related field
- 4+ years of experience in industry, research, consulting or government.
- Experience in micro econometrics.
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Amazon's Global Advertising Partner Development Group, part of Amazon's Self Service Performance Advertising is looking for a PhD economist. We are looking for a bright, driven Economist to work with vast amounts of exceptionally rich data, and develop economic models that drive the types of strategic decisions which define the future of the company. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader in understanding the effect of customers' preferences and behavior with Amazon on the value of products and services. The economist will focus on the application of econometric methods to build effective tools and systems for optimizing business decisions at scale. We work in close coordination with senior leaders and other analytics and scientists teams. It is an exciting, fast-paced, and challenging environment where you get to learn from other experienced scientists and apply econometrics at massive scale.
- Experience formulating business problems and obtaining solutions in a quantitative/econometric framework
- Expertise in causal relationship modeling
- Expertise in at least one of the major statistical programs (STATA, SAS, GAUSS)
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively collaborate with both research and technical teams
- 6-10 years of experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research
- Familiarity with standard databases such as SQL
- Experience communicating with senior executives
- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation