5460 Verna Blvd, Jacksonville, Florida 32205 United States of America
U-Haul is hiring for skilled and experienced Engine mechanics to join our team!
Are you are looking for a workplace where you can make a difference and would like the chance to work in a culture that embraces innovation and promotes growth opportunities?
If so, then U-Haul is the place for you!
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the ability diagnose source of mechanical and driveability problems and repair or replace major or minor gasoline or diesel engine parts and related components (heating, cooling systems and radiators) of U-Haul trucks.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts
- Overhauls and repairs engines or motors; disassembles engines and repairs or replaces defective parts; reassembles engines and makes adjustments as needed; uses oxygen-acetylene, electoarc-welding or similar types of equipment
- Performs preventive maintenance, maintains and repairs engines, and oils and lubricates engines and chassis
- Installs timing gears, crank shafts, bearings, cylinders, and drive systems
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Very Competitive Pay
- Free Uniforms
- Excellent Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Stock Ownership Plan, Vacation & more
- Military Veterans highly encouraged to apply
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
- Adhere to all local state and federal vehicular regulations while driving
High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.